This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

DEMONSTRATORS

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

DEMONSTRATORS

Postby goldsby » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:24 pm

I have a 1950 cub demonstrator and would like to know if anyone knows the serial number range for the A and C, or where I can find the range, as I have found what i think may be a C demonstrator, havent bought it yet, waiting on serial number

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:27 pm

47010 to 54411
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby goldsby » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:32 pm

THANKS GEORGE, I BELIEVE THIS ON IS A TRUE DEMONSTRATOR FROM THE NUMBERS, WILL TRY TO BUY AND RESTORE IT TO GO WITH MY CUB. BY THE WAY YOUR DEMO IS TRULY BEAUTIFUL, HAVE SEEN THE PIX

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:18 am

cubguy47 wrote:George-

How many of the Cub demonstrators do you believe are still in existence and have not been parted out?

I don't know of any way to tell. It may be that there is a slightly higher percentage of demonstrators saved, but that's only a guess.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:01 pm

I am willing to bet that there are more "white demostrators" out there than IH ever built. LOL

The serial numbers for the "white tractors" was a guess based on the monthly serial number builds for the beginning of 1950. The exact start and end is not known for sure. Also in that range could be Red tractors built for big dealerships that did not want a white one.
The common agreement among collectors is that if your casting codes are right and your tractor falls within the serial number range you are O.K. if you paint your tractor white.
The rare white tractor is the one that is still originally white and was never painted Red as IH instructed the dealers to do.
Enjoy your Demonstrators. I have a C but it could be years before I restore it.
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby goldsby » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:17 pm

my cub was yellow over red over white when i got it, it falls in the serial number range so pretty sure on it. the c is also in the serial number range and it is white.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:27 pm

Mike Schmudlach wrote:The serial numbers for the "white tractors" was a guess based on the monthly serial number builds for the beginning of 1950. The exact start and end is not known for sure. Also in that range could be Red tractors built for big dealerships that did not want a white one.

There is also a shred of evidence that surfaced indicating there may have been a block of red trctors built some time during the months the white tractors were built.

goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby goldsby » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:48 pm

george for your information, i did buy the c model today, serial number is 51932 the man i bought if from says the old man he got it from has owned it for many years and it has always been white. bought it from pictures, will pick it up next week. Thanks for your help, i go to a lot of shows in oklahoma area and the white cub and white c will make a nice display

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:38 am

The red is 2150. I don't think the Whitecap white is still available. You'll probably have to have it mixed.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby goldsby » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:44 am

I believe the white to be "Icecap" white, and i had mine mixed in Dupont, the local auto paint suppler here looked the color up for me.

Return to “Farmall Cub”