This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

KUB-KLIPPER MOWER

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

KUB-KLIPPER MOWER

Postby Dan England » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:58 pm

About a year ago, I purchased a partly dis-assembled cub. A Kub-Klipper mower, also in pieces, came with the tractor. This is the only mower of this brand that I have seen, and I have had a lot of problems in trying get it reassembled and in working condition. Several forum members have offered good advice which is much appreciated. Jim Becker provided a copy of the text and pictures from the U.S. Patent Office and this was very helpful in putting the mower together. There are three points of attachment to the tractor. A yoke connects the anterior end of the mower to the compartment where the front cultivator bars attach. A yoke which straddles the pulley of the mower attaches to the front rockshaft. A pair of rods extend upward from the rear margin of the mower and attach to a cross-member between the two final drives. This suspension is unusual in that the anterior and posterior attachments are not solid. Either end may float upward or downward, to some degree, in its attachment. Thus, the middle attachement to the front rockshaft supports the weight of the mower. After many hours of work in reconditioning old parts and fabricating new ones, I am pleased to find that the mower did an excellent job when I finally got to use it today. I believe that Kub-Klipper was purchased by Sunflower Industries of Olathe, Kansas and that this mower was discontinued several years ago. I would like to know of any forum members who currently have a Kub-Klipper or perhaps have had one at some past time. Also, does anyone know whether parts are still available. Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

55cub958
10+ Years
10+ Years

Kub Klipper Mower

Postby 55cub958 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:29 am

Hi Dan,

I got a 42" Kub Klipper with my 1952 Cub-this one has the pivoting
blades for coarse finish mowing. Works great. I sold the 52 and got
a lo-boy and the mower won't fit. I still have it-hoping to use it some
day. The only thing I had to buy for it was a belt, from NAPA, $26.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:51 am

55cub: Most belly mowers which I have seen have two points of connection to the tractor, at midpoint to raise and lower the mower and a solid attachment near the final drives. Does you Klipper have a yoke at the front and, if so, are the front and rear attachments solid or are they loose like mine allowing a limited amount of floating at the two positions. Thanks for your response to my questions. Dan

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:00 am

Dan, congrats on getting the mower going. You are making great strides in your wrenching. Have any pictures of that mower deck? Don't know if I've ever seen one.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:06 am

I saved this from a post 2 or 3 years ago.

A place in Ohio still sells all the parts
for this mower. It is Artsway, ph. # 712-864-3131
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:31 am

Thanks, John. I filed the name and number in the mower section of my notebook for later use. Harold--My wrenching skills leave a lot to be desired but the mower is up in working shape now. I don't have a digital camera but my granddaughter does. She doesn't know this yet but we plan to invite her, along with Khaylin, Karen's oldest daughter, to go to Branson for a Daniel O'Donnell show in May. So, my invite will be something like this: "Jessica-I need a few pictures of a mower. Can you get that done soon? By the way, would you like to go to Branson on our next trip?" I believe we will have the pictures in short order. I haven't heard from you in awhile and was asking Donny about you yesterday. It is good to hear from you and hope things are going well in your new position. Dan

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:49 am

Harold: I forgot to mention this in my previous post. My next mower project is going to be the IH unit which you gave me. I have tried to use it only once. It would throw the belt immediately when put in gear. I believe that you didn't have this problem so I think a new belt, set at proper tension, will cure it. A greater concern is its tendency to scalp the lawn when turning corners. I will try to make a pair of skids to correct this problem. Dan

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:39 pm

Dan, I was thinking of putting some lawn mower wheels in those holes. Not sure it would work, but those wheels are fairly inexpensive.

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:01 pm

Dan,
I have a Kub-Klipper that came with my tractor, but I never used it, It sits in my Dad's barn. I need to get it out and see if all the parts are there. I never really looked close to see how it mounts since I use the Woods on my tractor. I'd be interested in seeing the pictures when you get them.

Thanks
Kodiak
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:27 pm

Kodiak: I hope to get pictures this weekend. I may have to have help in getting them posted so forum members can view them. Perhaps someone help get them on line. I will be interested to learn if your mower's attachment to the tractor is similar to mine. Dan

55cub958
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 55cub958 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:12 am

Dan- My mower attatches as you said, at each final drive and at mid-
point for lifting. By the way, it is model C-42 E. I saw a Klipper at a
tractor show once that I think mounted like yours, but don't recall any
details about it. Apparantly there were several styles of mowers. I
have been looking for sales or owner manuals, but so far have found
none.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:11 pm

55cub958: I don't have much descriptive material on the Klipper but will be happy to send you copies of what I have. Harold: I will give lawn mower wheels a try on the IH mower. I have wheels and can do the work. If they don't provide a cure I can do skids at a later time. Dan

Return to “Farmall Cub”