Patrick's French Cubs

Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:43 am

Here is a link to some pictures of Patrick's French Cubs.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v610/dbigdog/Patricks%20cubs/?

Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:05 am

Very nice Patrick. Will you be restoring them, or just putting them to work?

To work or not to work!

Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:16 am

Thanks BigDog for hosting a few photos for me, I'll have to get myself in gear and organise a site for myself for some photos.
I bought one Cub 640km away and when I went to see it, he asked me how many I wanted as he has (had) three! What does one say? Apart from OK if the price is right.
It was and I've got 2 of them back last week and discovered this wonderful collection of cubbers just willing to get in there and help ma.It's a real lova affair after 60 years of all sorts of resorations I've done, even in steam, i've never found something good like the cubs i've got!
I am soon to be retired and with my other two tractors and other junk, I will be restoring but at the same time working them in the village here, I have ploughing, harrowing, grass cutting, log haulage to do.
So the answer's a bit of both, but the emphasis is good looking originality wherever possible.
Cubs forever! Patrick

Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:47 pm

I see you even got a 2 way plow in on the deal. Thanks for posting BD. I'm home sick for Ireland already and I've never bean there" .

Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:23 pm

Is that a 4-cylinder Land Rover you pulled those with? If it is, I'm impressed. Yikes!

Jeff

Landie

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:23 am

Certainly is, 4 cylinders, 2500cc, turbocharged intercooled TDi 200 permanent 4wd. Would prefer the TDI300 for a bit more performance, 5.5tonnes all up weight. For the run from Limoges 640km 8 hours about 4.2tonnes all told but lots of deisel. It's more derarer here 1.02€uros / litre, work that one out with your little gallons and miles???

Landies are still the best for heavy private road work over here.
Patrick

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:12 pm

Patrick,
Your English is great. Seeing that you are from the west coast do you also speak Breton?

I have spent a bunch of time in Paris with a good friend who has played jazz there for over 25 years. I also have spent time in GAP in the Haute-Alps region. There is a IH collector there in GAP by the name of Jean Cointe. Jean and I always take a run to the Mediteranian when I come to visit..... I just love the way the girls in the south speak French. :-)

We also hit all of the great Roman sites.

Mike

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:08 am

Patrick,
Your English is great. Seeing that you are from the west coast do you also speak Breton?

If I can just put mi 2 cent's. I believe Pat is a subject of her majesty Queen Elisabeth II; This makes his english quite smoother than mine... :wink: :? :(

anyway We all speak "GRAND BRETON" (great brittanic).

HM The Queen.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:14 am

Yea Yaume, c'est vrai, I have to admit, I am 99.9% english, but some of the corners are being rubbed off during my 16 years over here in view of the Atlantic coast, that's the French Atlantic Coast.
My French/Breton wife has had a lot to do with that!

Good to exchange

Kenavo tout le monde
(for you to translate please Yaume)
Patrick