This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Patrick's French Cubs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Patrick's French Cubs

Postby Bigdog » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:43 am

Here is a link to some pictures of Patrick's French Cubs.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v610/dbigdog/Patricks%20cubs/?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:05 am

Very nice Patrick. Will you be restoring them, or just putting them to work?

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

To work or not to work!

Postby Patbretagne » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:16 am

Thanks BigDog for hosting a few photos for me, I'll have to get myself in gear and organise a site for myself for some photos.
I bought one Cub 640km away and when I went to see it, he asked me how many I wanted as he has (had) three! What does one say? Apart from OK if the price is right.
It was and I've got 2 of them back last week and discovered this wonderful collection of cubbers just willing to get in there and help ma.It's a real lova affair after 60 years of all sorts of resorations I've done, even in steam, i've never found something good like the cubs i've got!
I am soon to be retired and with my other two tractors and other junk, I will be restoring but at the same time working them in the village here, I have ploughing, harrowing, grass cutting, log haulage to do.
So the answer's a bit of both, but the emphasis is good looking originality wherever possible.
Cubs forever! Patrick

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:47 pm

I see you even got a 2 way plow in on the deal. Thanks for posting BD. I'm home sick for Ireland already and I've never bean there" .

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:23 pm

Is that a 4-cylinder Land Rover you pulled those with? If it is, I'm impressed. Yikes!

Jeff
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Landie

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:23 am

Certainly is, 4 cylinders, 2500cc, turbocharged intercooled TDi 200 permanent 4wd. Would prefer the TDI300 for a bit more performance, 5.5tonnes all up weight. For the run from Limoges 640km 8 hours about 4.2tonnes all told but lots of deisel. It's more derarer here 1.02€uros / litre, work that one out with your little gallons and miles???

Landies are still the best for heavy private road work over here.
Patrick

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:12 pm

Patrick,
Your English is great. Seeing that you are from the west coast do you also speak Breton?

I have spent a bunch of time in Paris with a good friend who has played jazz there for over 25 years. I also have spent time in GAP in the Haute-Alps region. There is a IH collector there in GAP by the name of Jean Cointe. Jean and I always take a run to the Mediteranian when I come to visit..... I just love the way the girls in the south speak French. :-)

We also hit all of the great Roman sites.

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

yaume
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby yaume » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:08 am

Patrick,
Your English is great. Seeing that you are from the west coast do you also speak Breton?

If I can just put mi 2 cent's. I believe Pat is a subject of her majesty Queen Elisabeth II; This makes his english quite smoother than mine... :wink: :? :(

anyway We all speak "GRAND BRETON" (great brittanic).
what makes my cub very rare is that it's the only one I've ever owned.

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

HM The Queen.

Postby Patbretagne » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:14 am

Yea Yaume, c'est vrai, I have to admit, I am 99.9% english, but some of the corners are being rubbed off during my 16 years over here in view of the Atlantic coast, that's the French Atlantic Coast.
My French/Breton wife has had a lot to do with that!

Good to exchange

Kenavo tout le monde
(for you to translate please Yaume)
Patrick

Return to “Farmall Cub”