This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

another rich cub!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:34 am

clarenceada wrote:Nother thing I noticed when I was running it standing next to it and gave full throttle the speed control would not hold full throttle as the metal is worn away,------so when I was digging hard with it the throttle was three notches from full throttle, could that make it run rich: pulling hard with partial throttle.
I had thought the cub was under powered but driving it around holding the throttle wide open, it has a lot more power then it seemed to. I suppose I can hit the throttle control with a little weld and then file it down or is there an easier way? Wheww! a lot of questions! but thanks for all the help. I think maybe I'm getting 'er close to right.
Clarence

Clarence,

If you have access to an OA torch you can cut the worn part away and weld in a new strip, and then file new notches. The lever will also have two grooves worn in it that should be welded up and reshaped. (one at the bottom end) I prefer the torch for jobs like this, since it is much easier to control and can make welds that are invisible after a little dressing up.

Simply filing the notches deeper sometimes helps a little, but it will wear quickly again.

You're on the right track... good luck.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Getting there