Getting more out of touch control

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:11 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has invented a mechanism for holding one mounted implement stationary while another is controlled by the touch control. It would be nice, for example, to be able to have a front blade held in a lifted position while using another implement like a carry all, mounted on the fast hitch. raising and lowering without worying about what's happening to the blade. The opposite could be usefull too. Any ideas?

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:16 pm

You can always chain one up while using the other or install the aux port and add a control valve like the set-up used with the front loader

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:43 pm

Replace the rear rockshaft with a manual lift. Front and belly implements use hydraulics, rear will use the hand lift. I don't think that works with fast hitch.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:27 am

With the 3 point on Jim Hudson's cub it is possible.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:52 am

IH came up with a couple ways of doing that with specific implements. The 2-way plow had a latch for each side so you could select which one you lowered. Some of the sickle bar mowers for tractors with Fast-Hitch came with parts to do that sort of thing. Look closely at this picture and you can see a loose clevis in the lift chain that can hook into the part bolted to the bell housing. This holds the mower up when the Fast-Hitch is in use.

The same could be applied to a blade. You would have to pull a pin from the linkage of the blade then chain it up. Likewise, you could chain the Fast-Hitch up, just need to move the collar on the lift link forward so there is no down pressure on the hitch.

Re: Getting more out of touch control

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:27 am

Red Rooster wrote:I'm wondering if anyone has invented a mechanism for holding one mounted implement stationary while another is controlled by the touch control. ?

That is easy......get yourself a Super A! (Or 100, 130 or 140) Not a lot bigger/taller than a Cub but you'll have a two valve touch control and a lot more tractor (power) to work with. :D Nothing against a Cub but they have their limits.......

Al