Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:29 pm

My late friend, Buford Efird had one on his cub.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:30 am

The Moto-Meters are fairly common on Ford Model A's :D (not the street rod type like ours though) 8) . My Farmall M had the temp guage sending unit in the water jacket in the engine block...that way, you could tell right away if the internal engine temp was running too hot. Of course the M also had a thermostat (unlike the Cub's thermo-syphon system) :wink: .

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:23 am

I have one on my IH.......1929 Six-Speed Special Truck.

Most of us run our engines too cool. Most guys do not use the shutters to get their Farmall C's etc... up to temperature. They are always trying to run them cool when in fact they were made to run warm.

Mike

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:26 pm

:cry:I went to TSC yesterday and did not care much for the looks of the temp gages they had one was $26 the other $31. 8) The cub is running so good now I dceided to give it a treat and went to my IH dealer and got a new exhust pipe. While I was there I checked out their temp gages and got one with the IH logo very quality looking for $44.83. If I can fit it int the base of upper radiator pipe I will put it their if not it will fit into the lower water pipe where the boss is.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:12 pm

Rudi, You never cease to both amaze and inform me with the most obscure minutia. Great footnote on auto themometer history.

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:43 pm

I like getting credit as anyone does I guess, but I really should earn it :oops:

This minutae came from my chum Lurker Carl. Where he finds all this stuff totally amazes me :shock: :D

I really enjoyed reading the article though..