This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Clutch pilot tool ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
buster
10+ Years
10+ Years

Clutch pilot tool ?

Postby buster » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:43 pm

I finally got around to splitting my cub to replace the rear seal in the engine. Thanks to all the tips I read here I discovered that the problem was a new number seal in the old style retainer. When I pulled the flywheel off the seal was sticking out at the bottom and I can R & R with my fingers. I've had the tractor for 15 years before it came loose. I ordered a new style retainer from tm tractor and a new seal from napa. My question is do I need a pilot shaft tool to align the clutch for reassembly or can it be done without it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:48 pm

The best bet would be to use a line-up tool. Call John Jr. at JP Tractor Salvage...he'll send you the cut-off end of the clutch shaft for $5-10.

http://www.jptractorsalvage.com/default.htm
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

Pilot bushing

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:51 pm

It makes it a "LOT" easier if you can get a wooden dowel to center the clutch. Shaped to fit as necessary.

buster
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby buster » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:10 pm

Thanks, cub-bud I just gave John a call and have one on the way for $16.00 shipping included.

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:26 pm

:( Too late for Buster but if you take the clutch disk in to most auto parts stores they can match you up with an alignment tool. I got mine at Auto Zone for about $5.00.
Always try the easiest thing first.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:52 pm

I couldn'r find one that would fit both my pilot bsushing and clutch disk, so for my first time changing a clutch I got a plastic alinement too that fit the pilot and stuck it in a half inch drill and used a grinder to turn down the spline part to slip inside the clutch. Now I have a cut off shaft I use.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”