Adjusting the Govenor

Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:18 am

Where can you find instructions on how to really getting into adjusting the govenor? Detailed.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:31 am

In the owner's manual.

Reading from the cub manual "with the engine stopped, advance the engine speed control lever to about half speed." disconnect governor to carburetor control rod {either end} hold carburetor throttle against its stop in the wide open position and adjust length of the governor to carburetor control rod so that it may be reconnected freely without moving the throttle lever or governor lever. next lengthen control rod one turn from the above condition and reconnect. Move the operators engine speed control lever a few times between half and low speed position to check for binding.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:27 am

:oops: Looks like I am going to do mine agin. Should have read the manual. At least it the clevice is loose now and antisezed. I was wondering why I had no throttle for the did not do anything for almost the first half of travel. Thought I had the govener messed up. As when I first got it I pulled off the housing and put it back on and don't know if there was any timing in their to mess up. Thanks BigDog.

Billy