This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Adjusting the Govenor

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
countershaft
10+ Years
10+ Years

Adjusting the Govenor

Postby countershaft » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:18 am

Where can you find instructions on how to really getting into adjusting the govenor? Detailed.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:31 am

In the owner's manual.

Reading from the cub manual "with the engine stopped, advance the engine speed control lever to about half speed." disconnect governor to carburetor control rod {either end} hold carburetor throttle against its stop in the wide open position and adjust length of the governor to carburetor control rod so that it may be reconnected freely without moving the throttle lever or governor lever. next lengthen control rod one turn from the above condition and reconnect. Move the operators engine speed control lever a few times between half and low speed position to check for binding.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:27 am

:oops: Looks like I am going to do mine agin. Should have read the manual. At least it the clevice is loose now and antisezed. I was wondering why I had no throttle for the did not do anything for almost the first half of travel. Thought I had the govener messed up. As when I first got it I pulled off the housing and put it back on and don't know if there was any timing in their to mess up. Thanks BigDog.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Farmall Cub”