getting some paint on the 48

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:49 pm

I got a '48 a while back, the one we started working on at the Mid TN Cubfest. I decided it would be a non electric/non hydraulic basic cub.

It was not original paint, and touch up looked bad, so I decided to do a preservation paint job. Got all the dirt/grease and paint flake off that I could, then prime and paint.

I wanted the paint to look old/dark so i opted forbrown rustoleum primer and started to use Krylon tractor and implement paint. I ran out and so did Wal-Mart

So, being impatient, I looked at my options and decided on Rustoleum sun brite red(or something like that)lol

You would be hard pressed to tell it apart from IH 2150
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: getting some paint on the 48

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:51 pm

looks nice dale

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:35 pm

i am in shock Dale, never thought you would paint one. Man it is looking good keep up the good work and keep me posted.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:37 pm

I didn't think you were the painting type either! Looking good! Keep it up and you'll have everything around there sporting a fresh coat of paint! :D

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:45 pm

I am not that kind of guy.

I did not do nearly enough prep to call it a good job.

I did do more prep than I have done before, but it either needed paint, or have the paint stripped and let it get a rusty patina.

This is not a process that I enjoy doing. but it was needed.

By preservation paint I mean, It will be easier for the new owner to do a good job if they so desire, with minimal effort.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:41 am

From this side of the camera it is looking very good. Cleaning - yuk!
Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing a few pictures of the finished project.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:21 am

Looks great from here Dale!

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:20 am

Looks really good. I am impressed Dale.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:57 am

Dale:

That 48 is going to look very nice in the yard with the rest of the herd. I know you are not the painting type -- but of more concern is that I hope you are taking appropriate precautions. Your health needs to be protected - you have enough issues as it is. Take your time, take it easy and enjoy this process. It is addictive you know and you just might end up with all the Cubs painted :big say what: :big smile:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:18 am

It must be the cooler weather Dale, giving you all that energy! It's looking better than the last time I seen it...Take your time and don't over do it,sometimes we forget about our health issues, trying to complete a project...Hey, if your ears start burning it is us South Carolina guys talking about what we learned at the Cubfest! LOL Rick

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:27 am

What is the part number for those Cub Hubcaps hanging on the wall?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:24 pm

JRICK wrote:What is the part number for those Cub Hubcaps hanging on the wall?

'87 Ford F-250 :big afro:

JRICK wrote:It must be the cooler weather Dale, giving you all that energy!

That, and the Dr. added a new drug (Welbutrin) to my collection. Feel like a new man. Most of the cronic fatigue is manageable. :big afro: :big afro: :{_}: :{_}:

Rudi wrote: I know you are not the painting type -- but of more concern is that I hope you are taking appropriate precautions. Your health needs to be protected - you have enough issues as it is. Take your time, take it easy and enjoy this process

I am.

Rudi wrote: It is addictive you know and you just might end up with all the Cubs painted

Not a chance :)):

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Nice job Dale and I agree with you on the Rustoleum. Red #7466 is the closest to I/H 2150 that I've came across so far.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:52 pm

:shock: Awesome Dale!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Might have to make a trip to help you work on that thing. Now I'm curious since we started this project at the fest.