Mark II Cub Post Hole Digger--- Pics Added

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Folks,

I have in my hot little hand two copies of the, above mentioned PHD, mounting instructions and a single copy of the gear boxes parts list. The mounting instructions have a pic of the PHD mounted on a Lo-Boy. The PHD appears to have been produced by J & S Foundry, Dewey, OK. I have researched J & S and it appears that it morphed into Bluestem Foundry, Inc., also in Dewey. I can't find anything out about the "Mark II" Cub Post Hole Digger. And, no, I don't have one of these puppies (yet).

TM doesn't have anything, Rudi's manual server doesn't either. Does anyone know anything about these PHDs?

Thanks.

Bill
Last edited by Bill Hudson on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Mark II Cub Post Hole Digger?????

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Bill, Is there a picture of it that you can post?

Bob

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Bob,

If I was adept at scanning (which I'm not) it would not be a problem. But given I'm technologically challenged, that does present a real problem. I'll work on it, however, I make no promises. :)

Bill

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Bill, we have several members in Dewey. Home of the OK Cubfest earlier this year.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Bill:

I have no idea about the Mark II's .. so needless to say I am very curious.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:25 am

Bill I will do some checking and see what I can come up with. I worked in the machine shop and cut the gears for them in 1969. sure hope you can get a picture posted. I have never seen one assembled.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 am

Mr Hudson sure is a master at finding stuff..... More truffles for the Master!!!

I think the vineyards are mostly all planted around here, but a PHD is the perfect tool for the job. (Picture of Jim with a shovel goes here :lol: )

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:11 am

I'm Very interested in this thread. I want a PHD! :D

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Bill, Just take a picture of the picture of the PHD. I know you know how to post pictures. :D

Bob

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:Bill, Just take a picture of the picture of the PHD. I know you know how to post pictures. :D

Bob

OK, Bob. I was probably very generous when I called it a picture. Here you go, a picture of a "picture."

Bill

Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Bill, I knew you could do it. At least we now know that it looks more like a 3-point PHD than the Groshart/Prewitt.

Bob
Last edited by Bob McCarty on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:34 pm

I don't believe Cub hydraulics would lift it, if that is how it lifts

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Bill:

You gotta bring this to Cecil's.

Now that Em has decided that we will have alpacas, gonna need to drill a lot of holes ....... :roll:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Rudi,

Remember,
Bill Hudson wrote:...I have in my hot little hand two copies of the, above mentioned PHD, mounting instructions and a single copy of the gear boxes parts list. ... And, no, I don't have one of these puppies (yet). ...

all I have is the paper, which I will be happy to bring to Cecil's.

Bill

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Bill:

I know it is just paper. Should I bring my scanner :?: :?: :D