Re: Fuel line ferrule

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Here's a picture of what I'm sure I used on our Cub when I replaced the previous owners rubber hose. I know I've used it on other similar looking carb and mixer inlets on some of our gas engines.

It's called a "Double Compression" fitting. I don't think it is available any more as it's not listed in the newer Weatherhead books. In one of the old books I have it's part Number is; 6100x5 for the 5/16 line. It's 1/2x20 thread.

If they are available or you can find old stock you can also get a male connector, if someone has done the all to familiar 1/8 pipe hose barb replacement. The number for the connector is; 6200x5.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Bird dog, the guy who set me up has a old garage and has bins of fittings and that is just what we used.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 am

Well Done Boss..........and Joe. Perfect example of why this forum is read at least 2 times a day by me... and MANY Others...Thanks Guys for another Job WELL Done...
Sammy

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 pm

The replacement fuel bowl I bought for my Cub from Tractor Supply had the "double compression" fitting on it. No ferrule.

Too bad I didn't come across this thread sooner. I knew what the problem was :)