Fuel line ferrule

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
User avatar
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 12:00 am
Zip Code: 54515
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: WI, Catawba

Re: Fuel line ferrule

Postby birddog » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Here's a picture of what I'm sure I used on our Cub when I replaced the previous owners rubber hose. I know I've used it on other similar looking carb and mixer inlets on some of our gas engines.

It's called a "Double Compression" fitting. I don't think it is available any more as it's not listed in the newer Weatherhead books. In one of the old books I have it's part Number is; 6100x5 for the 5/16 line. It's 1/2x20 thread.


If they are available or you can find old stock you can also get a male connector, if someone has done the all to familiar 1/8 pipe hose barb replacement. The number for the connector is; 6200x5.
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

User avatar
Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:03 pm
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: MA. Hadley

Re: Fuel line ferrule

Postby Joe Malinowski » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Bird dog, the guy who set me up has a old garage and has bins of fittings and that is just what we used.
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:36 pm
Zip Code: 23970
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub with full cultivators

2014 New Holland Workmaster 35 with loader, bush hog, rotary tiller and skid steer attachments
Location: South Hill, VA

Re: Fuel line ferrule

Postby sammydonnacub » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 am

Well Done Boss..........and Joe. Perfect example of why this forum is read at least 2 times a day by me... and MANY Others...Thanks Guys for another Job WELL Done...
Sammy and Donna
"Never Give UP!"
49 Farmall Cub
193 Plow
half Disc
Field Cultivator and
Full Cultivator Set

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 4630
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:04 pm
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Fuel line ferrule

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 pm

The replacement fuel bowl I bought for my Cub from Tractor Supply had the "double compression" fitting on it. No ferrule.

Too bad I didn't come across this thread sooner. I knew what the problem was :)

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Farmall Cub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Phil S., yellercub and 7 guests