This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gasket Shape

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Gasket Shape

Postby Dan England » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:15 pm

Several months ago, I was asked by a friend to pick up a gasket for the water inlet elbow as there is no CIH store near him. I made the purchase and mailed it to him. He later informed me that I had sent the wrong gasket, that the opening in it should be round and that the one I sent had a retangular opening. I have never needed to replace this gasket so I can't speak from personal experience but I believe that I sent the correct one. It was the one provided by the parts man at CIH. Also, my parts book shows it to have a rectangular opening. I am guessing that he looked at the round, tubular elbow and assumed that the gasket should have a round opening. Would someone who has replaced the gasket comment on this? His cub is an early one, late 40"s or early 50"s. Thanks, Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:22 pm

Is he really looking for a water OUTLET gasket?

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:38 pm

The top one is round and the bottom one , really on side is rectanguler

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:11 pm

Jim, the short section of hose which connects the inlet elbow to the bottom of the radiator had ruptured. He was replacing the hose and had to remove the elbow to fit the hose in place. So it was the gasket near the bottom of the radiator which he needed. Dan

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:00 pm

At Napa, you could buy the gasket material and make one in about five minutes. My $.02! Larry

Return to “Farmall Cub”