french Carryall

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi,

good ideas are good all around the world. That's Why I've imported the carry all concept to France! :mrgreen:
Some scrap iron, some wooden boards, and here we go!
this way, I can put some load on the rear axle, and less stress on the front one. stering is way much easier. :big afro:

by the way, it a cool way to bring trashes to the recycling bin
and here is a simple way to avoid load fall off the road.
even better !it tightens as the platform lifts :-:-):

Well I know, it's the 1000th carry all that's posted here... nothing new.
but it's the first hooked to a french loader cub! :big yuk:

thanks to all.

Re: french Carryall

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Tres bien mon ami.

...that's what six years of French in 7th thru 12th grade got me!

Peter

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Very nice. And I was curious about the loader bucket... what was it designed for?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Bob ,

here is the story of the loader.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48403&

the front grapple is designed to pick up horse manure. which is a pain with a simple bucket.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Yaume:

Bonjour mon ami, votre projet est merveilleux :!: (Good day my friend, your project is marvelous) ...

Again another great idea from our French cousins... I like your adaptation of the carry all. I am still in awe of your custom built 1000 style loader. That has always blown me away. You do good fabrication work.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:10 pm

Yaume, Another very nice fabrication. I don't know if you collect model tractors or not, but I just heard that Universal Hobbies will be coming out with a 1/16th scale Cub. Don't know if it will be the French or American version, but I'm sure either one will be special.

Bob

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Impressed. Great grocery toter.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Nice job , it's always nice to make something useful out of nothing. My question would be: It looks too official not to be just a tag with numbers, so what is up with the orange or yellow tag? Is it required for your tractor?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:27 pm

In Europe all tractors require a license plate/registration and lights.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 pm

thebigron wrote: so what is up with the orange or yellow tag? Is it required for your tractor?
License plate. Most European countries require a farm tractor operated on public roads to be licensed.

Spent about 8 years living in Europe. Saw farm tractors on public roads hauling all sorts of stuff. Frequently used like folks in the USA would use their pickups.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 am

What is that monster shiv (pulley) used to run?

Really nice fabrication, Yaume!

Mike in Gibsonia, PA

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:19 am

Yaume:

Yeah, I noticed that sheave too. What do you use the sheave for? Looks like a 3 belt sheave.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:25 am

Rudi, Mike,

the puley is what remains of the "home made" sickle mower that I'd try to adapt from a derring horse drawn one. The result whas not very satisfieing so i've bolted it off somme years ago.

the pulley is not a 3 belts but a 2 belts one (fropm the scrap yard), mounted on the standard PTO output shaft that the previous owner welded on a cub sickle pulley. (guess he thought is was a brillant idea, until he realized that it turned the wrong way and speed...).
The diameter is a little larger than the standard sickle pulley, to get faster sickle movement. was not a succes either!

that's the story off this sheave that i've never pulled off since.

bye