This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Final thread repair

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Final thread repair

Postby Former Member » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Rudi wrote:This is kind of a different solution. Consider the fact that Earl Fauble actually makes drawbar bolts for 3/4"-10NC threads. So, it might be easier to simply redo for the 3/4" size. My wife's uncle - Clorice for some reason had the guys at the university he worked at redrill his finals out to 3/4", when I get his Cub at some point, I will simply have Earl send me a set or two :idea: :)

Problem with this is, most implements won'r accept the larger bolts without drilling out the holes in the implements .

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Final thread repair

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Dale:

I guess is all depends what the Cub is used for I guess. Clorice uses his for his Cub-193 plow and the pull type disc harrows. Doesn't use it for much else.

If it were mine and I wanted to return them back to 5/8"-11, then at this point I probably would seriously consider looking at replacement finals as BD suggested. If that isn't an option, then a really good welder who understands welding cast iron properly. Might be a tad bit expensive though.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”