This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Why does this always happen to me? And It Runs!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Why does this always happen to me? And It Runs!

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:42 pm

I was wondering if you got the left brake and clutch pedals freed up from each other. Then I noticed the skidding left tire when you were stopping. Answered that question.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Why does this always happen to me? And It Runs!

Postby Barnyard » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 am

98Murray wrote: I figured I will sell it but I was getting some low offers that were less than scrap price.

That tends to happen when someone is selling old iron. The offerer is always hoping the seller doesn't know any better. I have had sellers tell me that guys would offer low amounts and tell them a Cub only weighs half of what it really does. I wasn't surprised when you said you had a couple of $100.00 offers. Those guys knew it was worth much more than that. I bought a Cub in Alabama a couple of years ago on my way to Florida. The seller said he had one guy who kept telling him his Cub wouldn't bring $100 at scrap and he'd be better off selling it to him. That was when scrap was $250.00 a ton.

I told you I would do my best to keep it from going as a donor and fortunately it has happened. When you said how your grandfather had used it I figured it deserved another chance. I think he would be happy to see it running again. It is far from done, but it has taken a big step forward.

Jim Becker wrote:I was wondering if you got the left brake and clutch pedals freed up from each other. Then I noticed the skidding left tire when you were stopping. Answered that question.

Jim, I got the pedal to move far enough that at least the clutch would work. I figured the tractor had to come to a stop when shifting anyway so why not let the brake work with the clutch. :lol: A little more gentle persuasion and I think that brake pedal will free itself. Of course there are a lot of other stuck parts on it I have to deal with.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”