This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help identify implement parts please

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jvanvuren
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54983
Tractors Owned: .
1976 Longstripe Cub in RED
1969 MM Jetstar 3 Super (Dad bought it new)
1953 Super C
1940 JD H
Circle of Safety: Y

Help identify implement parts please

Postby Jvanvuren » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Hey all,

I'm on a shed-cleaning kick, and have accumulated the following parts over the years. I'm not really sure what some of it is, and figured if I posted a few pictures... 8)

I've done a bunch of looking at TM Tractor's site and have possibly identified a few things. Others are still a mystery. Ideally, I would like to know approximate values for these parts as well. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

These parts came off the same tractor. From TM's site, they appear to be for use with a Cub 189 Two Way Moldboard Plow. What would they be called? Would the lever also work with a 193 plow? I've also got the double chain hook for the rear rockshaft.

Top two - I have absolutely no idea
Third from top - fast hitch helper spring? Can this serve any purpose on a tractor without a fast hitch? That's how I obtained it.
Bottom two - Cub 22 mower stuff? The smaller one appears to be broken on the end, like it should have threads or a cotter pin hole.

This stuff all came from the same tractor, and I believe it is all cultivator related. Any idea of what it may be worth?

More cultivator parts... the spring-loaded ones have a left, right, and center. The other 3 appear to be all the same. I think they are for use with the following pic:

This stuff and the picture of the actual cultivator "diggers" all came with the same tractor. Is this just a generic toolbar, or is it part of an actual Cub implement? I have a few of the clamps shown, some are for use with round-shank cultivators and some for flat-shank (two of each shown here).

I have a local guy looking to buy cultivator stuff and have absolutely no idea what to ask. I know the front setup is missing some parts, but he has expressed interest even though I made it clear I don't have a complete setup.

Again, thanks for any help you can provide. If more pictures would be helpful, just let me know what you'd like to see.

John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Help identify implement parts please

Postby Rudi » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:05 pm

John:

You may want to look at these manuals :

Cub-189 Moldboard Plow 11-30-50
Cub-252 Cultivator 1-15-48
Cub-22 Manual 2-5-52
Cub-144 Cultivator 11-30-50

Hope this helps.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.

Prices will be determined by how complete the implements are. You do have a Cub-189 parts there, and the Cub-252 Cultivator is quite distinctive. Looks like the stay rod for a Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower. You can identify some of the tools in either the 252 or the Cub-144 Cultivator Manuals.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:51 am

How about I stop by and have a look! :D
PM Sent

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:53 am

I think most of the parts have been correctly identified. My additional thoughts:

The top 2 parts in the second picture: I don't recognize them either. They may not be Cub parts, could be seed drive linkage for something.

Big piece in the last picture: rather than a Cub-252 as suggested, it looks to me like a modified Cub-3 Field Cultivator.

EarlyCub49
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18036
Tractors Owned: Presently
1949 Cub
1953 Cub
Kubota Zero turn

Postby EarlyCub49 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:31 am

PM Sent.

Bruce T.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:34 am

The [parts Jim could not identify I have seen, but not sure where. I am thinking radiator shutter control, though of course they would not be from a cub
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:41 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:The [parts Jim could not identify I have seen, but not sure where. I am thinking radiator shutter control, though of course they would not be from a cub

GOT IT. Speed control linkage from a power unit.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 pm

PM sent.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

K.J. Rutledge
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65712

Postby K.J. Rutledge » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm

PM sent.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 pm

After looking through the parts manuals, and looking this over in person, I don't know what it is!!

Unless there was a major redesign of the 252 from what's in Rudi's manuals, especially where it connects to the UMF, it's not that.
The two pieces of angle were used to bolt to a floating drawbar and are homemade. By the design the connecting bars come that connect the tool bars, it's not a Cub-3 either, although the lifting chains and dual hooks are similar.
There is a few hints of dark blue paint, but no other identifiable markings.

I'm thinking it's something IH but non-Cub that was made to work for a former owner.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:07 pm

RaymondDurban wrote:I'm thinking it's something IH but non-Cub that was made to work for a former owner.

I think you are right. The bars between the 2 tool bars are built very much like the the tool bar style rear section of the Cub-252. Most parts look like a very close match to parts of the front section of the A-437 cultivator for the Farmall A (but bottom side up).

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:30 pm

I think so too. Gord had a bunch of A cultivator stuff here for awhile. That frame is pretty reminiscent of that as well. Originally thought it might be the 252 ... but guess not. I definitely will defer to Jim and Raymond on this one.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jvanvuren
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54983
Tractors Owned: .
1976 Longstripe Cub in RED
1969 MM Jetstar 3 Super (Dad bought it new)
1953 Super C
1940 JD H

Postby Jvanvuren » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:49 am

Hey guys,

It's late here, but I wanted to post a quick note of appreciation for the information so far. I also want to thank Raymond for stopping by today and answering a lot of my questions.

John

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:06 pm

The round rod with the spring on it, is it a helper spring for fast hitch, or maybe part of a 54-A blade? All of it did not show up in picture.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby RaymondDurban » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:31 pm

danovercash wrote:The round rod with the spring on it, is it a helper spring for fast hitch, or maybe part of a 54-A blade? All of it did not show up in picture.

It's a helper spring assembly. The bracket that runs between the fender and transmission is not there.

Return to “Farmall Cub”