I made a post regarding the Cheap And Dirty Lawn Rakes performance on wet leaves a few days ago. As I stated, the wet leaves did not rake as well as the dry leaves that I raked the first time out. In an attempt to improve the performance on wet leaves I added some weight to the rake to see if it made an improvement or not.
I added a pair of 12" wheel weights weighing around 35 pounds each.
Using a transfer punch I transferred the location of the weight mounting holes on to the rake beam. I then drilled clearance holes in the beam and them welded (2) 1/2"- 13 hex nuts so I could bolt the weights to the beam.
I could then bolt the weights to the beam and give it a try. The additional weight seemed to help pick up those wet leaves, however it still won't do as good of job as a hand rake. It does move the heavy build up of leaves out into my field making it easier to hand rake of blow the remainder of leaves if I get the ambition to do that
(which is not likely).