This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Weep hole in intake/exhaust manifold ?????

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Weep hole in intake/exhaust manifold ?????

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:56 pm

Just wondering this. on my 54 F-Cub there is what appears to be a weep hole on my intake/exhaust manifold, about 1/8 to 5/32 of an inch to the drilled at an angle going to the center from the front side of the engine to the center of the manifold (exhaust) outlet.

I found this when I sandlbasted the manifold and this hole is not a rust through hole it is drilled either from the factory or by one of the P.O's

Is this normal in case of water getting in the exhaust pipe, so it can drain out. OR is this just something someone drilled out for some other weird reason. My Loboy isn't this way, but then again it has an underslung exhaust system.

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:22 am

As far as I know the weep hole is normal, All my manifolds have the hole you are talking about.
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:42 am

That's normal on a vertical exhaust. It is suppose to let any rain water that comes down the muffler drain out. Unfortunately it is usually plugged with rust and can't do it's job.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”