This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO shaft

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jwcoop
10+ Years
10+ Years

PTO shaft

Postby jwcoop » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:29 pm

I am putting my 49 cub back together, and am doing a complete restoration. The PTO shaft has about 1/2" end play. It seems to be engaging. Is this normal? Any suggestions?
Thanks. jwcoop
jwcoop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: PTO shaft

Postby tst » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:54 pm

could be a bad bearing or the pto shaft is sliding back and forth in the bearing, perhaps the snap ring that holds the bearing has popped out, you need to pull the shaft and inspect it to find the problem, perhaps the bearing retainer is in backwards on the front of the transmission imput shaft?,look through the transmission oil fill hole and make sure that pto shaft is flush with the back of the imput shaft
Tim

jwcoop
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: PTO shaft

Postby jwcoop » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:22 am

Thanks Tim. I'll pull it off and take a look. It seems like the pto shaft is sliding back and forth in the bearing. I know the snap ring is in place and the bearing retainer is on correctly. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks again.
jwcoop

Return to “Farmall Cub”