Wheel tread width pics

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi all...

I'm sure that many of you have seen the page in the manual that diagrams the different configurations of rear wheel tread width. This pic in the manual quite frankly confuses me as it tries to show all possible combinations in one slide. Has anyone ever considered a pictorial views of the wheel tread width on an actual cub? As a visual learner, it would be really cool to have some pics of an actual tractor with the wheels set at the various widths...

Just wishful thinking.

Re: Wheel tread width pics

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:04 pm

You have a cub why dont you try it at all the setting and take pics of them

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Permutations.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey Mike; I think Boss hit the tread on the head, so to speak.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Boss Hog wrote:You have a cub why dont you try it at all the setting and take pics of them

birddog wrote:Hey Mike; I think Boss hit the tread on the head, so to speak.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I had started on something similar a couple years ago, but, like the timeline project, it got put on the back burner. I don't even know where my draft copy is anymore. If somebody were to take this project and run with it I think it would be good for the members.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Ever try swapping tires out on a fast hitch Cub??? There is a reason I leave the loaded ag tires on all year now.... :roll:

Look at the pictures on the page before the drawings (disc in and disc out) and then imagine the 4 positions possible with the rim; inside and outside the disc, lug away from tractor and lug in towards the tractor (both inside and outside the disc). That is a pretty big number of tire changes.

Go for it Mike!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:44 pm

I would be more than willing to compile a listing of pics of various tread widths and post it. As to trying all the configurations on MY cub, if someone would come and help make the swaps, I'd be glad to. It's a LOT of work for one guy to do. Took me 45 minutes at least to do the two on Merlin when I just changed them.

On a serious note... If folks would pm me or email me some pics of their Cub and its wheel configuration, I would be glad to compile... I have two already done with my two cubs...

Please PM me! Thanks!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Sounds like a good CubFest project.
Wedge the front axle, jack up the rear end, and play musical tires/rims.

Peter

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Throw in the adjustable front axle and you got a good weekends work of various combinations. :lol: It would make a good half days event for a cubfest :mrgreen:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Chris D wrote:Throw in the adjustable front axle and you got a good weekends work of various combinations. :lol: It would make a good half days event for a cubfest :mrgreen:

I agree, this would be an excellent Cubfest project!

I also agree swapping wheels is a lot of work for one person. With several sets of hands, it would be a breeze.

Al

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Use a Cub with turf tires. Then you only have to change one side.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 am

Extra wide setting

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 am

Agree with Hengy, if a few have different mount tires, and I'm sure they do, send him the pics, and he will compile them.\
(Dang, Eugene, sent me to google again)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:32 am

I'd be glad to do it! Pics of the tractor, then of the wheel dish and lugs on the rim. If you'd rather email, my address is hengelsber@aol.com. Looking forward to it!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:42 am

Kirk-NJ wrote:Extra wide setting

Kirk,

What is between the left wheel disc and wheel spacer?