This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

hydraulics, I might have messed up

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
michigancub3
10+ Years
10+ Years

hydraulics, I might have messed up

Postby michigancub3 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:00 pm

I've been working on my first cub now for about a month... just a hand full of boogered up things and a stuck valve. One thing was a bent rockshaft. I removed the rockshaft so I could straighten it. Got it straight and reasembled everything, unstuck valve and all. She fired right up and runs sweet, only thing is now no hydraulics. everything moves freely, but the rock shaft stays forward. I can push back on it but it feels bouncy like there is air in it or something. I did move things manualy taking the rockshaft apart. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:45 pm

It isn't likely what you did caused any harm. It sounds like it is low on fluid. Fill it to the bottom if the fill hole near to top of the left side and cycle it a few times to work the air out of it and top it off. Keep a close eye on the engine oil level to make sure the pump isn't leaking into the engine.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

michigancub3
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby michigancub3 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:19 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to try that tomorrow after work, topping off the fluid and seeing if that helps it. I was hoping that I didnt over extend anything taking it apart and damage some already old stuff inside. But it was working great before I got my hands on it. I'm wanting to try a woods belly mower on it. If it works well I'll sell the 97 new holland rider that I've worn out every pulley and belt on three times already... and it's a miserable piece of *%$* to work on.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:05 am

8) Hi neighbor

I live In Britton 8 miles west of Cabelas. I have had my cub for a year and a half. If I can do anything to help let me know. Or if you want to try out a woods 42c mower you can come over and try out mine and see if you like it. I have been mowing seven acers with it and love it it even does a good job spreading out piles my horse leaves behind.

Are you going to try to make it to cubfest :?: Oh yea ChickenWing live out here too somewhere kinda between us.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

michigancub3
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby michigancub3 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:59 pm

Thanks for the invite. I'm just north of town here in Monroe off US24. Right now I'm realy busy with .... actualy I'm always busy with projects. As soon as the mowers are all ready to mow, I have to get on to the John Deere 450D dozer so I can get back on my pond project this summer. One little dozer and a four acre pond in clay is slow goin.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:56 pm

8) Sounds like it is quit a project. I have been doing landfill cells for the last eight years. Ten acres about 40' deep with two excavators ten cat trucks take most of the summer. One of these years I want to get a cat d5m out here and cut the banks of my creek down to one on five. I thought having a place with a creek would be really cool but it more a problem than anything else. Picked up sickle bar mower this winter and want to find another cub to put it on. and that will only reach about half way down the creek bank.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

michigancub3
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby michigancub3 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:12 pm

what is a landfill cell? are you filling in low ground? Where do you get all the fill from? Makes digging my pond seem like nothing lol

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:06 pm

I you can call it a garbage dump. I would guess most of your waste goes to Carlton Farms where they take most of the canadian trash. I was working at the one on the west side I-275 and I-94.

We would dig them out from ground surface to about 40 foot deep side slopes were 1 on 3. Silt or sand pockets are dug out to 10' below finish grade and filled with recompacted clay. Bottom and sides have 5' recompacted clay then a bentonite clay mat. A plastic liner about 1/8" thick dubble welded togher. The space between the welds pressurised to check for leaks. then a plastic mesh goes on covered by a felt liner. A water collection system with a sump. 18 inches of sand on the bottom and one foot of sand on the sides. Then they start filling it with trash.

The big fuss they make about us taking Canadian trash our laws are a lot easier on genral waste. They don't tell you that Canada takes a lot of our hazardus waste becuse their laws are a lot easier on that there.

I am not real familar with JD equ but I think it is about the size of a cat D-4. We used a D-7 and a D-8 + a grader the small excavator had a four yard bucket and the 375 I ran had six yard bucket. So I would say doing a four acer pond your self with a JD 450 is a big job.

I haven't worked there for over a year. The job I thought I was going to get two weeks ago fell through and I am waiting on the union hall to call me with a different one.

michigancub3
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby michigancub3 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:14 pm

Don't forget the part where the city of Flat Rock boys and the Monroe county boys fight over ticketing the canadian haulers for being over loaded coming through there on their way to the dump lol. A couple weeks ago on my way to work through Flat Rock a canadian hauler had lost his load just north of the river... they had equipment everywhere to clean it up. I'd hate to know what that fine was. He'd probably have been just as well off he'd got caught hitting a overpass.

Return to “Farmall Cub”