Switch to full style
Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Forum rules

Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Post a reply

100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:21 pm

I brought this home this evening. Looks like it has been repainted before. It needs a new cutting edge but otherwise very nice.

Al
100 blade 11-3-12 003.JPG

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:39 am

Super A,

Nice find! You will love your new blade. Can you take out your pin and post a picture of it. I am trying to decide if it was a roll pin or a solid pin that went through the larger pin. #6 in the parts catalog. See my pics. Thanks for the help.

Jeff
Attachments
Pin.JPG
PartsPage.JPG
photo 1.JPG

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:07 am

Jeff, I just went and looked, mine looks like a solid pin. I figured the big pin would be froze solid but when I pressed the release it fell right out!

Can you tell me what the part number for the cutting edge is? I think someone just used a piece of 1/8" thick piece of strap steel for mine. If you don't mind, could you take me a few pictures of it?

Thanks,
Al

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 am

There is a previous post somewhere on the forum where Peter made one from cold rolled steel. I am sure someone can attach the post. I have to make one too as mine is worn out. Thank you for the info. My pin looks original but the cross piece as you can tell has had it. I have it replaced with a 3/8" roll pin for now until i can make a copy.

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:21 am

Super A,

Here are the pictures I saved so that I can make mine.

Jeff
Attachments
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks, Jeff. How thick is the steel you used?

Al

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 am

nice find, they are hard to come by.

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:14 am

Peter's dimensions are for a 54" blade. The fast hitch blade is 60".

Bob

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:27 am

Peter did have some made up for the 100.... I have one on mine.

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:47 am

Nice!! Find Al :big afro: Would like one for my 140 :mrgreen: one day im gonna get over there while your gone and load up :lol: Cant wait to see all shined up behind the Super A..

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Brendan In NC wrote:Nice!! Find Al :big afro: Would like one for my 140 :mrgreen: one day im gonna get over there while your gone and load up :lol: Cant wait to see all shined up behind the Super A..


You were nappin.....it was on eastern NC Craigslist. Same man that sold me my plow. I gotta stay off Craigslist! (He specialized in 140's.)

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm

I used the info on TM Tractor's website in their brochure section to make the cutting edges a few years ago.
http://www.tm-tractor.com/gbrochures/100blade.htm

60" long x 2 1/2" tall x 3/16" thick however I had them made to 3" as I recall. I'll see if I can dig up the sketch. The photo shown in the post above is of the cutting edge for the IH100 Blade however as Bob stated the sketch is for the 54A cutting edge.

Peter

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Super A wrote:
Brendan In NC wrote:Nice!! Find Al :big afro: Would like one for my 140 :mrgreen: one day im gonna get over there while your gone and load up :lol: Cant wait to see all shined up behind the Super A..


You were nappin.....it was on eastern NC Craigslist. Same man that sold me my plow. I gotta stay off Craigslist! (He specialized in 140's.)

Tim Fail Farmall140.com?? my best 140 buddy Al HaHa :big afro:

Re: 100 Fast Hitch Blade

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Brendan In NC wrote:
Super A wrote:
Brendan In NC wrote:Nice!! Find Al :big afro: Would like one for my 140 :mrgreen: one day im gonna get over there while your gone and load up :lol: Cant wait to see all shined up behind the Super A..


You were nappin.....it was on eastern NC Craigslist. Same man that sold me my plow. I gotta stay off Craigslist! (He specialized in 140's.)

Tim Fail Farmall140.com?? my best 140 buddy Al HaHa :big afro:


Yep, that's him. Nice guy.

Al
Post a reply