This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Sights in Nevada

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jlmason81
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75126
eBay ID: jlmason81

Re: Cub Sights in Nevada

Postby jlmason81 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Does anyone else think that the Steering Arms look longer than a normal f cub or lo boy? They are however identical on these two tractors from what I see. Look at the new pictures (3rd & 4th pic) and the one I posted earlier.

Jeff

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Jeff:

I do not have a definitive answer. Much of this is conjecture -- taken from some comments made years ago when we first found a pic of this particular Cub. There were a couple similar ones on :eBay: at the time .. I wish I had the pictures ... but I wasn't as anal then as I am now about saving pics of interesting Cubs and Cub modifications/conversions. There are references to the different threads in the post above.

As Jim said, there is no sure proof...

Jim Becker wrote:And that appears to have been purely speculation. That makes 2 threads. One more and we'll have a full-blown rural legend.

And he may be correct. It is just something I remember.

From what I understand and remember from visiting various orchards in southern California when I lived there back in the late 70's, many of the operations had to have tractors specifically modified to fill some of their requirements depending on the operation. We are all familiar with the funny looking Hi-Crop A's etc., from California so this one is not much different. The Avocado Cub as it has been called (I did not coin that name btw), needed to be very low to clear the lowest fruit bearing branches of the avocado trees. Aside from that I have no clue. This is all just anecdotal as I have never personally seen a Cub that I can remember in these orchards/groves.

I googled Avocado Orchards and one of the hits is this one. California Avocado Grove Tour. In this video you can see how close to the ground the fruit grows.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Pabst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44333
Tractors Owned: Farmall cub 56-Spartacus
International cub 76
Cub L-F 194 Plow
Cub F38 Disk Harrow
Cub L-F1 Platform Carrier
Cub 54 Leveling Blade

Postby Pabst » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Bill,
Did you have an enjoyable vacation?

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Yes, Allen, we had a great vacation.

As for the discussion on the "Avocado Cub," given the location (Beatty, Nevada. It was owned locally.) of this Cub, it is entirely conceivable that it is, in fact, an "Avocado Cub." The major avocado production, in California, is in 5 southern coastal counties and a couple of counties in the southern Central Valley. So, someone wanting one of these puppies could easily get one "relatively" close to home.

Bill

Edited for grammer
Last edited by Bill Hudson on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77355
eBay ID: czechiii
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub SN 54XXX (Captain Crunch)
47 Farmall A (Patches)

Postby CPIII » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:26 pm

Very interesting...thanks for sharing!!
Charles Patek III
Some days - Chicken.......Some days - Feathers
Words to live by....

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Surely a professional job on it. I would venture that it is a standard Cub that was chopped.

I remember a lowered Lo Boy at RPRU in PA, but that was originally a Lo Boy:
http://photos.cubfest.com/displayimage.php?pos=-5658

This Cub was posted by Trent at a RPRU
http://photos.cubfest.com/displayimage.php?pos=-11336
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”