This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Generator again

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Generator again

Postby Landreo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:32 pm

I like to do things myself but if you are unsure then better to let a gen shop do the repair. The third brush does not go to the ground. It goes to the field. There are internally grounded third brush gen but the cub does not use that type. One of the main brushes goes to the "A" terminal, the other main brush is grounded. Unles you have evidence for a short, I would just tighten the field core and try the results.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

oronc
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24153
Tractors Owned: 1950 Allis Chalmers B, 1942 Farmall H,Kubota B2150hst
48 Cubplow,cultiv,carry all,blade.other stuff
and other junk

Postby oronc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Landreo wrote:I like to do things myself but if you are unsure then better to let a gen shop do the repair. The third brush does not go to the ground. It goes to the field. There are internally grounded third brush gen but the cub does not use that type. One of the main brushes goes to the "A" terminal, the other main brush is grounded. Unles you have evidence for a short, I would just tighten the field core and try the results.

OOPS! Screwed that up trying to use my memorie.That will teach me.

mrdibs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19520
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
2007 Cub Cadet

Postby mrdibs » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:01 am

Impact driver met its match. That sucker won't budge. A member generously offered a working unit at a reasonable price, so I'm abandoning the old one at this point. The armature ends are worn too, so I think any fix would be short-lived. Too bad - had it all clean and shiney! I guess that's life in cub-land.

Return to “Farmall Cub”