This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 101A Fertilizer Unit

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bowevil
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35952

Cub 101A Fertilizer Unit

Postby bowevil » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 pm

I have a Cub 101A Fertilizer Unit, and I am looking for more information on it. I have seen the sow chart in the manual for this implement, but I am wondering what is the difference between slow speed sprocket and fast speed sprocket? I assume they are talking about changing the sprockets for the drive and driven, but which is which? Can anyone help with this? I know i can slow it down with a different feed wheel, but since I don't understand the difference between the slow and fast speed sprockets I don't understand which end of the spectrum I am in terms of which route I need to take (i.e. Would I be better off with a different feed wheel or can I get to the rate I need by changing sprocket settings?).

Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Cub 101A Fertilizer Unit

Postby Rudi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:41 pm

G'day to you bowevil :)

First thing:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.

Here is the Cub-101A Fertilizer Unit Owner's Manual. And here is the Parts Breakdown for the Cub 101A Fertilizer Unit

I think that the differences are determined by the # of teeth on the sprockets. See Item #15.

Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub 101A Fertilizer Unit

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

There are multiple sprockets through that drive system that can be changed. If you are driving through a seed hopper drive, it can have an effect too. But the actual "slow speed sprocket and fast speed sprocket" is probably a reference to the sprockets at the fertilizer hopper. Slow usually has 15 teeth, fast has 7.

Return to “Farmall Cub”