This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

a problem

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
grumpdog216
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37122

a problem

Postby grumpdog216 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:02 pm

i have a 55 cub that was converted to 12 volt, i am in the process of restoring it and it has been running great. the other day it developed a starting problem , i have thhe hood off and the ballast resistor is hanging, does it need to be bolted to something for a ground? it would start but run for a few seconds and quit, i bought a new resistor and now it runs but the resistor is smoking. can someone please help me with this.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: a problem

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:17 pm

The ballast resistor does not have to be grounded. Your new one probably has some grease/oil on the resistor coil. It will smoke until the oil burns off.

grumpdog216
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37122

Re: a problem

Postby grumpdog216 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:47 pm

thank you mr. becker, i hope that is all it is

Return to “Farmall Cub”