This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fast hitch post hole digger

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bookman51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fast hitch post hole digger

Postby bookman51 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:27 am

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the fast hitch post hole digger on the left (yellow)? :help: I thought it was Danuser but when I sent a picture to the company, they said not. The prongs have metal plates welded on them so they fit the larger fast hitch. I suppose the metal plates could be taken off so it could also be used for the smaller fast hitch.

Thanks in advance. :D

Image[/img]

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Fast hitch post hole digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:29 pm

It looks very much like a Mark II Post Hole Digger manufactured by the J and S Foundry in Dewey Okalahoma. There are a couple obvious differences from the model that I have but it sure looks like it. I would be interested in a few more pics. In fact the gear head on my PHD resembles the one on the right more so than the one on the left, but they both appear to be possibly from the same company.

Here is a link to the thread that has the pics of my PHD that I got from Bill Hudson at CubFest Northeast 2012 - - Mark II Cub Post Hole Digger--- Pics Added

Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

bookman51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby bookman51 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Thanks, the horseshoe shaped frame looks similar. I don't have very good pictures readily available but here are a couple more.

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Larry

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Larry:

Thanks for those pics. I have em snagged in my Model II PHD file. Will appreciate any more that you can get on these two PHD's. Interesting to say the least.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:52 pm

that is a prewett post hole drill. I dont think they made them for fast hitch so that one must have been converted. I had one that had brackets that bolted to the final drives. I still have the chain reduction for the pto but my idiot brother ran over the rest of it with a dozer years ago.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Clark Thompson wrote:that is a prewett post hole drill. I dont think they made them for fast hitch so that one must have been converted. I had one that had brackets that bolted to the final drives. I still have the chain reduction for the pto but my idiot brother ran over the rest of it with a dozer years ago.

Beg to differ. So far, all the Prewitt units I've seen look like the one in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71704&hilit=+prewitt

Don't believe Prewitt ever utilized a direct drive shaft off the PTO; they used a sprocket/pulley/chain combination.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:06 am

Clark:

As Stanton said, it is NOT a Prewitt. This is a Prewitt:

Pic Courtesy of TM Tractor

That one pictured above is most likely made by J and S Foundry, although there are some subtle differences as in the PTO shaft being square instead of round like mine, it sure does look to be the same. Totally different PHD. Oh yeah, the one I have is most definitely a factory made model for the Fast Hitch - no gooby welding on that one .. all factory welds.

Return to “Farmall Cub”