This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

pics

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Tue May 10, 2005 3:42 pm

Bigdog said: If you look for the drawbar, it is sort of U shaped with straight sides and lots of holes.

Hey BigDog, and guys.....got the stuff out of the weeds this weekend and got them home. The drawbar was attached to the plow itself. Is this how it's supposed to be done?

Thanks a bunch....will try to get pictures of the plow, harrow, and blade real soon. I left the peg tooth harrow at Mom and Dad's, since it's only a partial piece, and no trace of the other pieces of it were found. The only extra piece I saw was what looked like....well, you know the lever thing on the right side of the tractor (as you're sitting on it)....I think it adjusts the height of something - it's a pretty high lever....well, looks like there is an extra one of those in the shed, but other than that, nothing for the peg tooth or anything else that I saw.

Craig

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue May 10, 2005 4:42 pm

paw's49:

Glad you got the implements out of the weeds. Sure will be easier to take pics and identify what you have.

Hey BigDog, and guys.....got the stuff out of the weeds this weekend and got them home. The drawbar was attached to the plow itself. Is this how it's supposed to be done?

Nope, drawbar stays on tractor.... plow gets mounted to tractor and drawbar....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue May 10, 2005 5:12 pm

Hang on to those depth adjusting levers. They are like gold. Keep one for the plow, it will greatly increase the value if you should decide to sell it. The other one can be used for a great bargaining tool when looking for other implements. Then I suggest you poke around Rudi's manual site and the picture galleries at the T.M. Tractor site http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/gim_001.htm to get an idea of what some of your parts may be and how they attach to the tractor.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Wed May 11, 2005 7:29 am

Could it be that Dad figured it was easier just to let the drawbar stay attached to the plow, since it had to be removed anyway in order to attach the L bars?

yaume
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby yaume » Fri May 13, 2005 10:24 am

paw's49 wrote:Could it be that Dad figured it was easier just to let the drawbar stay attached to the plow, since it had to be removed anyway in order to attach the L bars?

Yes, could be the reason.

I Guess your dad only used to mount plow and cultivator. (didn't used to disk or harrow). If he would have used the disk harrow, he would have needed to reverse the drawbar.

Another good reason is that you don't have to remember on which holes of the drawbar the plow must be bolted...

Nice tractor and implement float anyway. Gizz I'm Jalous.
what makes my cub very rare is that it's the only one I've ever owned.

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Fri May 13, 2005 10:41 am

Naw, I'm sure he used that harrow.....how else would he have broken up the garden? Maybe he hooked the harrow up some other way. This was the first and only tractor he ever had, and he only bought it maybe 10 years ago. I'm sure there was no manual with it, so I'm figuring he probably hooked stuff up the best way he knew how.
Thanks for the compliments though!
Craig

kylev
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby kylev » Fri May 13, 2005 11:42 am

I might be way off but can someone give me an example pic of all the things we are talking about here. I hear cultivator, sickle mower, belly mower, drawbar, fast hitch, one touch control, and some other things like that. I would like to get a description if I could with pictures to show the different emplements. Maybe we could start another post and just post pictures or picture links and a short description underneath. It would be really helpfull to us newbies. Thanks
I am still not 100% sure what I have on the back of my cub.

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Fri May 13, 2005 12:02 pm

Hello Kylev.....I'm learning also....

Try this site - it has a lot of pictures....

http://www.tmtractor.com/gallery.htm

Craig

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri May 13, 2005 5:44 pm

another reason for leaving the plow on the drawbar, and also my favorite one, is that he had a spare drawbar. I also have one.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

kylev
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby kylev » Fri May 13, 2005 5:53 pm

Anyone have a spare drawbar that will fit my tractor? Also I am thinking of running a tap NC-18 5/16" in the holes where my radiator attaches. Is this ok to do to get all of the junk out of the holes? When I run a bolt in the holes they are tight. After I ran a tap in the holes the bolts go in better.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri May 13, 2005 6:26 pm

cleaning up threads is always good practice. Jus be careful not to break off a tap while cleaning up.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

capt jack
10+ Years
10+ Years

Looks ready to plow to me.

Postby capt jack » Sat May 14, 2005 8:23 am

Wont take much to get that on going. Hang in there. My cubs wear working clothes all the time and your looks like it did the same.
Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Farmall Cub”