This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

implement pictures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

implement pictures

Postby paw's49 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:29 am

Some kind of plow......

Harrow?

Blade?

No clue as to what this is....

Don't know what these are called, or where they go, but looks like things to run a row with....

Sorry for all the weeds - honeysuckles are taking over everything. The only thing that has been done to the tractor since Dad died is, an uncle of mine who also has a Cub said he and Dad had an agreement as far as some parts go - he said whichever one of them survived the other was to get the parts. Well, he outlived Dad, and came and took those row-running things, and a couple of the discs like the one lying under the tractor, but eventually brought them back, saying he already had them. A few months later, the same uncle died of cancer. Was sorta hoping he would be around to assist in getting the tractor running and the implements in place, but I'm on my own now, except for this great forum, of course. Last year, I did go out and try to start the tractor. It slowly turned over a couple of times, then quit. I figured, ok, weak battery. Disconnected the cables and hooked the charger to it on the 6v setting. Haven't been able to get as much as a peep out of it since.
Again, let me know what it all looks like to you. I'd sure appreciate it.
Craig

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:45 am

Plow - check.
Disc harrow - check.
Snow-Grading blade - check.
One section of peg tooth harrow
Shanks for row crop cultivator.

Hard to tell how complete these things are with the weeds. You need to pull all the stuff out and try to locate any loose pieces before they return to the earth. Then we can look closer to see what is missing.

Is your late Uncle's Cub still around? If he and your dad were sharing implements or parts, some things could be mixed/separated at this point. If you could work with the current owner of the other tractor, you might be able to help each other get things in shape. Of maybe you could get the other tractor and have a pair. Twice as much fun.

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:32 pm

Mr. Becker....thanks so much for your help, and your response. I'll try to get the implements out of the weeds so we can see what is there. As I said, I know very little about the tractor, and was never present when Dad was using it. But I do know he used it every year for his garden. I'm thinking he used the plow, the disc harrow, and cultivators. We rarely get enough snow here in NC to use a snow blade, and the peg harrow is at a totally different location from the rest of the stuff, which leads me to believe he never used it.
You are right - I may have to go take a look at the uncle's Cub. The stuff he took off Dad's tractor was not put back on when he brought it all back, so I will need something to go by in order to reattach that stuff.
Will keep all of you posted, and thanks again.
Craig

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Peg harrow

Postby Eugene » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:00 pm

The picture of the (Peg) harrow only shows one section. Harrows usually came in either two or four sections. There should be a tow bar or pipe for the harrow sections to attach to and to attach to the draw bar.

The harrow is used to further break up and smooth the soil after you plow then disk. Don't throw the single harrow section away. You can use it with the Cub.

Great pictures.

Eugene

Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:53 pm

Craig,
You are a fortunate fellow... :wink:
The knowlege, good will and patience you will find with the members of this board are great!
It won't be as good as having your Dad there to advise and share, but it'll be about as close as any of us are gonna get!
And there won't be a huge bill that appears in your mailbox!
Kinda like Christmas and birthdays all wrapped up in one. 8)
ENJOY!
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:01 am

Craig:

If you go to the [url=http://www.cleancoputes.com/Cub/index.html[Cub Manual Server[/url], the link is in the sig line of any of my posts, you will find the [url=http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20Implement%20Manuals/index.html]Cub Implement Manuals[/url] link.

There you will find a number of manuals. Some of the Owner's Manuals for the implements or similar implements to those that you have are there.

The disc will be similar in construction to the Cub-L38 Disk Harrow probably without the prong. It may even be an older horse drawn harrow. Either way, the principles are similar. If you look closely on the clocks or spacers you should find company marks and you may even find a model number on the main beam or other parts. This is another possibility to assist you Cub-38 Tractor Disc Harrow (Lift) which is found in the CBI-1A Revision 12.

The shanks that you have are documented in the Cub-144 Cultivator Manual. This might help you find and identify other parts.

For your snow/grading blade, this might be of some interest to you - Cub-Grader Blade. There are three different models depenidng on which year. Many of the members on this forum can help you determine which one you may have.

For your Peg Tooth Harrow, Cub L-F4 Peg-Tooth Harrow might be of assistance. There are many variants from the original horse drawn to specialized ones for the fast-hitch that either were built for the Cub or can be used with the Cub.

Enjoy your Cub and good luck identifing the implements/parts you have.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:12 am

After you go to Rudi's "Cub-Grader Blade" page, click on "Cub-54A and L54 Grader Blade" because that is about what you have. When you get a chance to pull the disk harrow out of the weeds, post a picture that is more or less 1/4 view from the front. That may help is fill in a few details about it.

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Mon May 02, 2005 11:49 am

Thanks alot.....I'll check Rudi's site and see if I can match up the manuals with the equipment. Will try to get more pictures this weekend.
Craig

Return to “Farmall Cub”