Snow blade for Lo-Boy

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:37 am

Hi fellas -

I am new to the world of the Farmall Cub, having just recently purchased a restored 1958 Lo-Boy with hydraulics, wheel weights, and tire chains.

Living as I do in the snow belt, I would like to get a blade for the Cub to push my driveway clean once it starts snowing again here in a few months. However, I am having trouble locating one. It apppears that the Lo-Boy can not take a regular blade... Something about ground clearance?

I do have an old snow blade from a Craftsman lawn tractor, but it's only 42" wide, so I doubt it's even worth the trouble of trying to adapt it to my Cub.

So, where should I look to find a snow blade that will work on my Lo-Boy Cub? Any leads or words of wisdom are much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Kelly

Re: Snow blade for Lo-Boy

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:30 am

Kelly, Welcome to the Forum. I'd suggest placing a "wanted" in the Vine subforum. That's where all the buying and selling takes place. There are several forum members that regularly pick up implements at auctions and someone may have one. JP Tractor Salvage (sponsor at the bottom of the page) may also be worth a phone call. If you need any other help, feel free to ask. Here's a link to pictures on TM Tractor's site that show the differences in the blade parts: http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim ... b1_001.htm

Bob

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:04 am

Welcome, Tim (TST) on this forum had one very recently he is in upstate NY. I didn't check your zip to see where you are located. You can P/Mhim or he should see your post as he checks the forum often. He is a great guy to deal with.

Berlin

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:58 am

Thanks for the info, guys. I will definitely look into it!

BTW, I live just east of Cleveland, Ohio. Did I mention that it snows here? <smile>

Kelly

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:59 pm

PM sent

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi,
Here is an IH owner's manual for the Cub and LoBoy blades. It has pictures and info you can look at. It shows the hand lift lever also, you don't use that if you have Touch Control. :)

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20 ... 0Blade.pdf