Rear light wire?

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:59 am

What terminal on the light switch gets the rear light wire?

Thanks Jack

Re: Rear light wire?

Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:39 am

Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:20 am

BD Thanks,

Another question...... The Cub is a 51 and the switch does not have a fuse like the pic, does that matter? Do I still go to the same terminal?

Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:48 pm

You wire it the same and just send a wire from the switch to your fuse.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:33 pm

Jackman wrote:BD Thanks,

Another question...... The Cub is a 51 and the switch does not have a fuse like the pic, does that matter? Do I still go to the same terminal?

My cub is a '48 model. It also has no fuse in the switch, and there's no place in the dash for a fuse like the later years. What purpose does the fuse on the switch serve? :oops: :?

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:37 pm

The fuse is for the lights. 20 amp fuse.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Thanks BD... I know it seemed like another 'dumb question' - but - now I know.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:52 am

Thank fellas :D :D , got my lighyt wired..........

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:27 am

Clem wrote:You wire it the same and just send a wire from the switch to your fuse.

Hard to see what position that yellow amp wire is in on the cut out, can anyone tell me? Middle, left or right :?: ......thanks

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:29 am

Jackman wrote:
Clem wrote:You wire it the same and just send a wire from the switch to your fuse.

Hard to see what position that yellow amp wire is in on the cut out, can anyone tell me? Middle, left or right :?: ......thanks

Middle :D

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:32 am

Wow that was fast :big afro: :big afro: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks :{_}:

Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:29 am

I know this is a somewhat old thread, but I am having trouble hooking up my rear light and the above posts don't help me. I am NOT an electrician, so be gentle with any directions!

Okay. I have a '51 Cub, recently restored. I replaced all the wiring with a harness off of eBay and a new aftermarket 6V light switch. My Cub is a 6 volt system with a generator, voltage regulator, and distributor. All is good with with the electrical on the engine, and the front lights work fine. But I get nothing from the rear light. The rear light has the internal type of red light and I installed a new switch for the red light. The wiring harness came with a black wire and a green wire for the rear light. I connected the black wire to the light and to the proper pole on the switch on the dash control. I attached the green wire to the light and to the frame as a ground. Still nothing. What have I done wrong? I am pretty sure the light has good contact on the bezel. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks!

Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Lorisfarmer wrote: The rear light has the internal type of red light and I installed a new switch for the red light

This may be too simple and you already did but...Did you open up the light and check the solder joints where the wires connect? Not uncommon for them to come apart or for the wire itself to break.

tim

Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi Tim - thanks for the post. Yeah, I took the light apart when I stripped the shell and did the repaint. I'm thinking about taking it apart again, though, and see if I missed something. I probably will never use the rear light, but I can't stand having something mechanical beat me! Thanks again!

Jim

Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:22 pm

Even though the light is new, you might want to double check and make sure the bulb is good. Vibration sometimes breaks the filaments.

Bob