Switch to full style
Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Forum rules

Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Post a reply

My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:04 pm

It will reach far enough over the basement steps that I can fill my wood room without her having to come out and pass the wood to me. She thinks that is great. :||):
Image

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Nice! Less than a month before Christmas, John give guys an idea of something to buy their wife for a Christmas gift !

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:25 pm

ummmmm, Bob.......


How much wood does your wife chuck before she chucks you? :lol:

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Anything that helps our Wives like our tractors is great. Way to go

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:21 pm

John, Does she also think your tractor's sexy? :lol:

lkBob

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Image
Image

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Pull the bucket trip lever. The wood will be a whole lot closer to the bottom of the stairs that way.

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Oh Bob, talk about opening up a can of worms, I don't think I'll touch that one. Chuck

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:40 pm

XFARMA wrote:Oh Bob, talk about opening up a can of worms, I don't think I'll touch that one. Chuck

Chuck, Bob is divorced. Do we wonder why? Ed

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:05 pm

John,
Last year Aron came up with this idea using some plastic pipe I pulled out of a jobsite dumpster a few years back.
(2) pieces 14" diameter x 6 1/2 foot long.

Image

No more walking up and down the steps with armloads of wood. Fill the wheelbarrow at the pile, wheel it over to the door, toss the pieces in the pipe, down they go to the waiting stacker.

We can get a 1/3 of a cord from the wood pile to the basement in less than a half hour.

Peter

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Peter Person wrote:
We can get a 1/3 of a cord from the wood pile to the basement in less than a half hour.

Peter


That would be cool to incorporate into new construction.

Modern times call for replacement of the milk and coal chutes with a log ride.
Attachments
1354150207-picsay.jpg
1354150207-picsay.jpg (37.05 KiB) Viewed 626 times

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Peter Person wrote:John,
Last year Aron came up with this idea using some plastic pipe I pulled out of a jobsite dumpster a few years back.
(2) pieces 14" diameter x 6 1/2 foot long.

Image

No more walking up and down the steps with armloads of wood. Fill the wheelbarrow at the pile, wheel it over to the door, toss the pieces in the pipe, down they go to the waiting stacker.

We can get a 1/3 of a cord from the wood pile to the basement in less than a half hour.

Peter


Now that is a cool idea! 8)

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Peter has a bright herd of youngins'. Ed

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:Pull the bucket trip lever. The wood will be a whole lot closer to the bottom of the stairs that way.
Yup, but not what I was doing. I have a separate wood room poured beside the steps. One wall is common with the steps. Room holds about 2/3 of a cord, and has a door that opens directly into the basement with a steel door over the top of the room. Used to just back up to the door and drop the wood in, but since we moved Mom's trailer in it has to be passed over the steps. Loader is long enough I can reach the wood without Joann having to stand on the steps and pass it on to me.

Re: My wife loves my Wagner loader

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:22 am

John:

Excellent, sure makes that job easier.

We have been using a 12' piece of 14" water/sewer corrugated sewer pipe to toss wood into the basement for about 10 years now. My cutter really liked the idea and he has been borrowing the pipe for a couple years now. Hopefully this is the last year we will be needing it. Next year I really hope to have my powered conveyor belt in place so I no longer gotta chuck. Bruce is hoping that he inherits it next year :lol:
Post a reply