This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulics Stalling Engine

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
zekie1997
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29349

Hydraulics Stalling Engine

Postby zekie1997 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:40 am

Hey guys and gals. I have not been a member but a few days and I need some help here. I rebuilt my 1953 cub from top to bottom. I did the seals bearings compleate engine you know all of it. I have been getting it back together, had a few problems with carb had to take apart a few times. But what was bugging me was I set up just enough to check my engine out. It would run great for about five minutes and it sounded like it would lock up and cut off. It would start right back and would run great. What i FOUND WAS MY HYDRAULICS ARE BUILDING PRESSURE AND BOGGING THE engine down (sorry about the caps). Could some one help me with this. as long as i shift the hydraulics it runs great soon as I stop moving them bam locks down. Thanks Mark C

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Hydraulics Stalling Engine

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:14 am

Mark:

Sounds like there is a restriction somewhere. I would suggest reading the GSS-1024 - Touch Contro Serviceman's Handbook. There is a good troubleshooting section there as well. I would look at problem 9 in the trouble shooting section.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:56 am

Does it happen if you stop the hydraulics in the middle of the stroke or have you only tried stopping at the ends?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 am

Hydraulics will load an engine down, but should not stall it out once the engien is warmed up. sounds like you may have a couple of problems. Assuming you have the original touch control rather than an external system, the bypass should open before it builds that much pressure. Also , unless you are moving the lever there should be no load at all.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 am

Is this a new malfunction and did the touch control system work correctly since you have owned the tractor?

Has someone recently rebuilt the touch control system?
I have an excuse. CRS.

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:01 pm

there is a restriction orfase in the in the flow of oil in the lowering position. This is to keeping impliments from falling too fast. There should be a slight load when lowering the hydraulices but if it stalls the engine then there is only 1 of 2 tings it could be. The hydraulic fluid is too thick or the orfase is pluged. May have a piece of O ring or gasket blocking it. There is a filter screen on the orface or there should be.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

Return to “Farmall Cub”