This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A little seat time, 1000 Loader time.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

A little seat time, 1000 Loader time.

Postby Thackery » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:22 pm

I was able to escape from house chores long enough to get the loader Lo-Boy out and move some brush into some future burn piles.
Boy you can get a lot done in a short time with that little loader. I tore out several rotten fence posts, scooped/pushed piles of debris, etc.
I even tore out a invasive honey suckle with little trouble. The loader is a great implement. I have cleared so much brush by hand over the years, dragging branches here and there, it sure is nice to be able to push piles of brush around with the long reach and power of a loader.
Sorry no pictures, I was trying to get some work done between rains and didn't take my phone/camera.
Anyone else out today getting some seat time or did everyone get rained out?
Thackery
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade
1968 Lo-Boy w/1000 Loader, 1957 Lo-Boy w/FH, FH Disc, FH Potato Plow.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

More than a dozen Cub Cadets running plus a few in the bone-yard

Re: A little seat time, 1000 Loader time.

Postby Bob Perry » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Nice! Sounds like the 1000 is earning its keep. Regarding rain, I always thought the most successful farmers were the ones who kept working in inclement weather while the guy up the road stayed in the house. We're getting some rain but it's all good, just changed into dry clothes for the 3rd time today.
REMEMBER: Keep it correct or you may face the

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:02 pm

I usually press on even if the weather is crap, but I'm kind of in relax chore mode. This is my first full day off from work in 3 weeks so I'm not really interested in serious work. Even at that I did some woodworking customizing a table for my wife, crawled through the very tight attic to troubleshoot an electrical problem, which in turn made me get some tractor time because insulation makes me itch so I was heading for a shower, but hey why not get some bang for your buck and go get really dirty pushing brush and rotting crap that was left by the PO on the property we just purchased. Then come back to the house and good a good shower.
I see from your posts Bob that you are a candidate for "good farmer" already.

That's another subject "good farmer". My wife and I went to visit a organic dairy farm 2 weeks ago.
Wow, now I'm sure there are plenty of folks on this forum that were raised on farms, even dairy farms.
I have been exposed to farming here and there in my life but it was still nearly culture shock.
Raymond the owner of the dairy farm is at least 70. While he was getting into his barn clothes for the evening milking, we were asking questions about his farm, how long they had lived there, been a dairy, etc. Well one question I asked, I was then embarrassed that I had asked it.
I asked if he had had a vacation. (Remember they milk twice a day, like clockwork, every day, every day, every day) Raymond's answer.
"I left the farm twice (since 1950's) once for my Mom's funeral, once for my Uncle's." This is while this hard working man was sitting in the mudroom pulling on his barn boots. I have thought about that nearly every day since. I also think about Raymond the good farmer heading out to milk 5am, 5pm. I would bet you $10000 right now that he is starting to milk at this moment, it's 4:59pm as I write this.

Thackery
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade

Paul F
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48336
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub, 'Lucy'
1956 Farmall Cub, 'Louie'
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul F » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi Doug,

So have you got your barn ready for some dairy cows yet!

Glad to hear you are working well and found some cub seat time. I am looking forward to some seat time this winter pushing some snow on the city sidewalks.

Happy holidays....Paul

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Any seat time is good time, sounds like you had great seat time :{_}:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Paul I had never heard if you got your house either rebuilt or replaced. Let me know. Hope all is well with you. Happy Holidays
Thackery

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Doug, I see you enjoy your Cub loader as much as I do mine. It sure does come in handy around here when loading the trailer.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”