This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

difficulty in replacing front seal??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

difficulty in replacing front seal??

Postby ad356 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 pm

i think i might have a front seal leak and while im not going to deal with it now, i might replace it in the spring. can i replace the seal without otherwise dissembling the engine? the front of the tractor would probably have to be removed but beyond that, how hard is it to remove and replace the front crank seal?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: difficulty in replacing front seal??

Postby Eugene » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65094&hilit=pulley+puller

Read the service manual and then search this site. Just me, if the seal is not leaking very much, I would wait on the task until I had something else to repair that required removing the front end of the tractor.
I have an excuse. CRS.

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub47 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 am

When you do decide to perform the repair, depending on the condition of the fan pulley shaft, you will need to install one of the following configurations.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/en/389fp.htm

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/en/472fp.htm

Like Eugene mentioned, read through this section of the service manual on Rudi's server to better understand the process:

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Blue%2 ... index.html

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Spivey » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 am

There is a special puller for pulling the front pulley; it can sometimes cause damage to the pulley to use anything else. Many folks on this forum have the puller, and there is almost always one available at a cubfest, so you may want to make plans to take the tractor to an event for this task.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

Postby ad356 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 am

i would be unable to take the tractor to an event, as much as i would like to. i do not have a way of transporting the tractor, i actually bought the tractor very close (1 town away) and i drove it 8-9 miles home. it took a little while but i got it home. i live in north java, ny and there arent any events close enough were i could just drive 20 or 30 miles. i might be able to borrow a truck to drive it a short distance but it is unlikely that someone will allow me to use their truck and trailer to go half-way across state. all i own is a small utility trailer and i pull that with a cavalier. i dont think my chevy cavalier is going to pull a tractor that weights ALMOST as much as the car. now i might be able to make it to an event just sadly wouldnt be able to bring my tractor. i believe the nearest event is a couple hundred miles away. i wish we had one right here in north java. i live in a small rural town in Wyoming county, ny. there has to be quite a few cubs still hanging out on large properties around here and i would think there would be enough interest in cubs in order to organize an event i just have no idea how this is done. what about an "everything farmall" event? has that ever been done? there are a ton of farmalls out here just dont know how many cubs. i have seen many different farmalls in town but of varying models, there is a guy right up the street who has a nice "H", i have seen several "A"s and i'm sure there is allot more that i just dont know about.

Return to “Farmall Cub”