This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1951 Cub Project on hold

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
kylev
10+ Years
10+ Years

1951 Cub Project on hold

Postby kylev » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:01 pm

Well its that time. I have been waiting for a year now for my metal building. I was promised a 24x30 metal building by my boss for extra labor I did. Now its here and time to build it. My 1951 cub will have to be put on hold. I have the front half off of the tractor and in pieces and the rest of the frame on blocks in the grass. Now that I am finally getting my workshop I will have real cement to work on. Yeah!! I am sure after building the building it will be well worth it. I will be able to work inside in the AC instead of out in the sun down here in south Louisiana.
I got as far as taking the front axle down and the steering box all apart and painted. The front rims painted and am working on straightening the ty rod ends. I need to finish cleaning and painting the axle and then it will be ready to put back together once all the parts come in. Well thanks for all the advice. I read alot and get alot out of this message board. Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:07 pm

Having the workshop will make the wait for the cub very worthwhile Kyle. I hope the construction goes quickly.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:34 pm

Sound like it'll be a nice workshop, post us some pictures as you go if you have time. It'll be really nice to be inside out of that blistering sun 8) and if you have AC you really gonna have it nice! If you have any photos of the front end rebuild I'd be interested. I plan on a front end rebuild and tranny rebuild this winter. Good Luck!
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

kylev
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby kylev » Sun May 01, 2005 8:48 pm

I will post the pictures soon. I am going to take one of the tractor as the before but it doesnt have the front end on it currently. I forgot to take a true before picture before I started taking it apart so this one will have to end up being the before picture.

PS The guys will be here in the a.m. to frame up for the cement to my new workshop. :D

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon May 02, 2005 2:48 am

Hi Kyle, Good luck with the building, AC eh! We have started building a shed for the tractors here it won't have AC!!! In fact in our Brittany damp climate, I'm putting a very basic under-floor heating in to the concrete pad to keep the temerature and hence the moisture at a reasonable level.

Our problem here with chunks of metal is the rapid changes from cold (and damp) to warm and humid, everything sweats and rusts, stops ignitions from working, mkes a slimy mess if there is any oil about etc. Somedays when it changes like that even the roads sweat, it was like that last saturday, all the week raining at about 12°Celcius suddenly sun and up to 26°C. Therefore a bit of underheat stops all the troubles. I have an old small oil heating boiler and we put a serpentine of plastic waterpipe in a conduit in the cement and presto!
Good luck with the building and of course the reason for it the CUB :D :lol:
Pat

Return to “Farmall Cub”