This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Change head bolts to grade 8?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Change head bolts to grade 8?

Postby bob in CT » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Go for it! I tried to buy odd sizes before and they did not have them in stock but they would make a thousand of them.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 am

The one's listed at Fastenal will work fine, if they have them in stock, which they probably don't. They'll order them for you, but you'll probably have to order a box of 50 or some other crazy amount. I've never had a lot of luck purchasing such things from them.

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:21 am

Gary Dotson wrote:The one's listed at Fastenal will work fine, if they have them in stock, which they probably don't. They'll order them for you, but you'll probably have to order a box of 50 or some other crazy amount. I've never had a lot of luck purchasing such things from them.

That was my experience when I wanted some square head bolts for an implement I was restoring. They had them listed but the call went to the local store and they did not have any. The web site allowed me to place an order, but all they do is shunt it back to the local outlet and they called me and said they would have to manufacture them and the minimum lot was pretty large to get the price they put on the web site. I don't even bother with them anymore. McMaster Carr's next day delivery (in my area) is tough to beat.

ntrenn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47119
Skype Name: ntrenn
Tractors Owned: 63 Cub 221833 in family since '69
65 Lo-boy 19648 with an un-stuck #4 - it lives!!!
144 Cultivators with disc hillers
193 Plow
42C mower
59L mower mounted on the Fcub
23A Disc - lost possession

Postby ntrenn » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Fastenal can be funny like that at times. I bought my head bolts last summer from them and they were here in a few days. The big hiccup on mine was that if I wanted the made in USA parts, they couldn't guarantee delivery time. I ordered one extra of each length and didn't have to buy full boxes.

Return to “Farmall Cub”