This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Cub rear axle nut cover

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Farmalls Forever
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 78155

Farmall Cub rear axle nut cover

Postby Farmalls Forever » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:02 am

I have a Farmall Cub of about 1951 vintage. The right rear axle housing appears to have the round cover missing from the large nut that secures the axle in the housing. It seems that this would be an avenue for water and other contamilants to enter the seals, bearings and gears inside the rear axle assembly. I haven't been able to find any parts diagrams of this particucular area of the Cub to see if there should actually be a cover there. Can anyone help me with this?
Don Hamilton

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall Cub rear axle nut cover

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:59 am

You are looking at the place for the seed drive sprocket. Like this:

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:24 am

Like Jim said, the right side does not get a cover. On some cubs, the left final has been replaced, and if it was replaced with one from the right side, it would not have one either.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:13 am

Farmalls Forever wrote:............ It seems that this would be an avenue for water and other contamilants to enter the seals, bearings and gears inside the rear axle assembly. ............

There is a seal, an o ring I believe, along with gaskets.
The parts manual has a lousy picture of the final (in my opinion) unless you already know what you're looking at. The descriptions and parts list help.
Have you looked at the pictures on Rudi's manual server or do you have a copy?

Welcome to the forum.

Farmalls Forever
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 78155

Postby Farmalls Forever » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:32 am

From the illustration you sent, I can see how that works with a planter setup. At present, I only have a belly mower for my Cub, but am looking for some other attachments like cultivators. Can you supply me with the source of the page you posted to your message.

Don Hamilton

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:35 am

HERE IS ANOTHER VIEW. SCROLL TO PAGE 26

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20 ... 8-8-52.htm

SORRY BOUT THE CAPITAL LETTERS

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 am

Go up to the top of this page and click on "manuals". Then click "Cub Implement Manuals".

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:26 pm

If you have a fast connection, in the (NEW) Manuals link above you can download complete parts books in pdf format. Many are bookmarked for easy navigation and those named with (OCR) are keyword searchable.

CBI 1A covers standard implements and CBI 2A covers fast hitch implements. TC 37 is the manual for tractor parts. I usually start with the latest version (1979) but sometimes with all the updates it helps to have older versions for research. You will also find a wealth of tractor and implement operators manuals, service manuals, etc. Thousands of scanned pages.

Return to “Farmall Cub”