NO 48's PO's handy work

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 pm

IMGP0761.JPG

IMGP0765.JPG

IMGP0764.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NO 48's PO's handy work

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 pm

I do not have a bolt at hand to measure. My guess is that the bolt is correct. The top shown is the older version, diecast of "white metal", probably zinc. The top has been deformed from being originally domed upward to being domed downward. The spacers are an attempt to fill the space so that the bolt will clamp and seal the top. New stamped steel filter tops are available.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Im going to have to look into this a little more. The new filter fits under the concaved cap just fine with out being crushed. So either the caps right and the bolt is wrong or there is something missing inside the filter housing allowing the filter to sit deeper in the housing so the cover fits over the top. One thing is for sure the bolt and cover dont match each other.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 pm

A better photo of just the cover would help us help you.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:36 pm

The overall length of a new filter cartridge is 4 3/4" or 4.75. Your photo depicts the bolt at nearly 6" overall length.

I would suspect the cover has been replaced. The replacement having no dome requires spacers to hold it down. Compare your lid to TM tractor photos and you can see a big difference. http://www.tm-tractor.com/gen/oilcover_001.htm

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 pm

It looks like that has the alloy oil cap which all warped and leaked, they were replaced by a steel cap, it appears the washer and spacer were added in some attempt to make it straight and not leak
Tim

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 pm

This appears to be in better condition: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-IHC-FAR ... 1005075794

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:25 am

If you are interested I will send you a proper bolt and pressed steel cap for $10 including shipping.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:27 am

You won't find a better deal than that offer, Dale's in the CHRISTMAS spirit... :wink:

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 am

I agree with the others. I don't think your bolt is the issue, your cap appears to be crushed downward as bad as any I've seen. Replace with a steel cap and you'll be in good shape. You might as well take Dale up on his offer.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:26 am

Yogie wrote:You won't find a better deal than that offer, Dale's in the CHRISTMAS spirit... :wink:

Yup Yogie, I have a couple, and it will also do me good to get out to the barn and work this new hip.

Also, I like going to our USPS office. Good folks. They are always wondering what I am going to ship next. :big afro: Here in Crossville, the "pack and ship" stores are the only option for UPS and Fed EX, and their prices are like buying scalped tickets for the Super Bowl. :big smirk: :big smirk:

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:00 pm

If you snooze you loose :D it was in a package deal :lol:
Boss

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:28 pm

You da man Boss. :big afro: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: