My new '56 Cub fast hitch ready for snow

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 pm

First time post, long time reader. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading past posts and reaping the knowledge that has been compiled in this forumn. It is truly a valuable asset to anyone who owns a cub. This is my forth cub tractor and I'm not quite sure how I have become a collector of these amazing little tractors. (2 in the last 6 months) Though the roll of the cub on our farm has been diminished, it's still a lot of fun to get "seat time". :D
When I went to look at this tractor polarity was reversed on the battery, timing was way out of wack and there was a popping noise coming out of the air cleaner. After sorting out wiring, cleaning carb,cleaning air cleaner, new plugs and timing the engine it was running but not well. The tractor was hard starting would backfire through the carb and when it did run was it was low on power. Somehow I had managed to reverse #3 and #4 sparkplug wires. After reading some past posts I figured out what was wrong and now she purrs like a kitten. Thanks to all the people who contribute to this forumn. I look forward to reading lots in the future and contributing some too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: My new '56 Cub fast hitch ready for snow

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking Cub, I always liked those eleven bar grills.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to have you with us!

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:29 am

Sweet! Really nice harrow,too! What do you farm?

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:59 am

Welcome...I too am a newbie and have received some great information on the site....I know you will enjoy the site and the encouragement received from the members.....Dave

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:57 am

Good morning and welcome,
It looks like your 56 cub is pretty much original condition. What is the SN. couldn't make it out on the tag. I have a 56 just wanted to see how close they were. As you know this is a great site for anything cub.
Paul

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:04 am

wellsknob wrote:What is the SN.

Looks like 194285.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:24 am

Glad you were able to get it running well! Previous owner was probably really frustrated with it.

WOW! Check out the rubber on that front right tire! It looks like it has been weather siped!

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:43 am

Welcome and thanks for the help keeping the snow away - having the tractor all ready to push snow has been the best insurance at keeping the snow away.....

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Nice! I am really fond of the fast hitch setup, you will be too.

Enjoy your Cub and thanks for the pictures!

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Welcome!! Nice Cub! I like those year cubs.

KT

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Very nice cub.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Thanks for the welcome everybody! Since everyone likes pictures here is a few more of our cubs and cub stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:00 am

I see you're not only into farmalls but also have an old 2n/8n ford. The more tractors the merrier.

Kirk