New Cuber

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:14 am

Well got this call yesterday from a firefighter friend are you going to be home so I can bring my tractor over so we can start working on it. I said yes.
It needs a litlle TLC,gaskets, & who knows what else. He has the grill but its at his FIL's This tractor was bought new by his FIL in 1948. It was located in West Lafayette, IN. I told him this will take some time.

Arriving on the trailor.
IMG_1169.JPG

After inside this is what I found.
IMG_1176.JPG

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

Yes Barnyard I will get the rest of the #'s for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Cuber

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 am

Looks as if you are going to have some fun.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:52 am

Thanks Jeff, I only need the serial number and location. I have added it to the database. That brings the total to only 30 known to exist.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 am

A few gaskets, a couple seals, some well placed paint and I'm sure you'll have it in great shape once again! :D

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:26 am

Having worked on one that looked just like that, the main reason for the dirt and oil all over the cub was they had been overfilling the fan and it was blowing the surplus oil all over then engine and dirt was sticking to it. Biggest need was a little spray with degreaser and pressure washing.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Biggest need was a little spray with degreaser and pressure washing.
My first though also. Load tractor back on the trailer. Visit nearest car wash with solvent/degreaser and spend $5 to $10. Leaves the mess for someone else to clean up.

Then let set in shop for a week or to thoroughly dry out.