This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

'77 Longstripe Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CharlieB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42701
Tractors Owned: 2 F-Cubs; 1 Low-boy Cub
Massy-Ferguson 135
601 Ford

Re: '77 Longstripe Question

Postby CharlieB » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 pm

Rudi wrote:
CharlieB wrote:Rudi;

The numbers I see are.....AD-31469-C...... 1/74

on another page, lower corner; AD-1335-Y5..... 10-31-W

Charles:

Like Jim, I have never seen this particular brochure before or some of the pics. Is there a chance that this brochure could be safely scanned into jpeg's :?:

Rudi, I'll see what I can do with it.

Thanks all, for all the comments.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

mikeintn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mikeintn » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Jim the picture you posted I love it, two things does anyone know what tractors thats to the far left and I'm guessing that is C on the rail cars, the black on the seats is that paint or vinyl/padding or whatever you call it?
Mike

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 pm

I think that is a really good factory picture. WHS had made some high resolution prints of that image for sale at the IHCC Winter Convention the year it was in Madison. I should have bought one at the time rather than just staring at it. There is some detail I remember that can't be seen at this resolution.

The 2 rail cars in the closest foreground are Farmall Cs. The next car back is International (not Farmall) Super As. Note that both the Cs and Super As are loaded facing alternate directions. Note that the next car farther back and the loaded cars to the very left of the picture are loaded facing one direction. I assume that the ones loaded that way are Cubs, but can't tell from the picture. The tractors on the ground facing the camera, starting with the short rows, are 6 rows of Super As, then 4 rows of Cs. Beyond that I can't tell.

If you follow the rail cars from the foreground around the right side as far as you can see it, then look just a little bit to the left, there is a yellowish blob. Then a bit to the left of it, much nearer the building is another larger yellow blob. The second yellow blob is 3 yellow Cubs. You would need a high-res print to identify them.

The black seat covering would have been cotton duck at that time. A non-padded seat (rarely seen by then) would have been red.

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby indy61 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:20 pm

Life magazine had a similar pic in the Oct 4, 1948 issue. Although it looks more like a drawing than a photo.

Return to “Farmall Cub”