Switch to full style
Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Forum rules

Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Post a reply

Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Just saw a purdy Cub in the Rose Bowl Parade. :{_}: :{_}:

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:33 pm

i did to

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:30 pm

RFD network set a world's record for the most tractors in a parade in Nebraska last fall. In honor of that they invited one person from each state that helped set the record. I think there were 31 states represented.

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:26 pm

The Cub was the one that caught my eye right away. :D :D

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 am

Yeah, that was neat. Just watched a few minutes of the Rose Bowl Parade and there it was.
Hey tomcat, proud you got to spend some time a watchin.

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:52 am

I didn't get to see the parade, but, I recall that Brent in Acton,CA. was going to try to get his Cub in it via a tractor sponsor? If so, his is an early Cub with blue implements. Looks very nice, too! Steve K.

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:05 pm

This was a mid 50's Cub with multi-bar grille and emblems.

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 pm

http://ktla.com/2013/01/01/rose-parade-2013-part-8-2/
Scroll down the page just a little bit to the video player on the left side of the page.
Tractors are at about 5 mins 30 secs just after the six team Percheron hitch.

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:32 am

Appears to be a 55 or 56 Lo-Boy with no T/C and looks like a woman was driving it.

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 am

Steve K. CALIF wrote:I didn't get to see the parade, but, I recall that Brent in Acton,CA. was going to try to get his Cub in it via a tractor sponsor? If so, his is an early Cub with blue implements. Looks very nice, too! Steve K.


I didn't make the cut. There were supposed to be 31 states represented but I only counted about 13 tractors following the float.

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:02 am

Brent wrote:......... There were supposed to be 31 states represented but I only counted about 13 tractors following the float.

If I understand the commentary correctly there were 964 owners from 31 states represented at the RFD Parade held at the Nebraska State Fair which set the Guinness World Record

I can't believe somebody hasn't done a "screen capture" of that loboy and posted it here by now. :( There's a great side on view with the driver that somebody may recognize.

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:01 am

I only got to see the RFD-TV feed, did anyone catch NBC, ABC, or HGTV?

Re: Spiffy Cub in Rose Bowl Parade

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:19 am

Scrivet wrote:I can't believe somebody hasn't done a "screen capture" of that loboy and posted it here by now. :( There's a great side on view with the driver that somebody may recognize.

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=75770
Post a reply