This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1958 FCub Engine Cylinder and Head Restoration

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve K. CALIF
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93636
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub #550
1962 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1958 FCub Engine Cylinder and Head Restoration

Postby Steve K. CALIF » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 am

Those nice "after" pictures sure do make all the effort of the rebuild seem worthwile! Thanks for posting the pictures, I really like the before and after shots. Steve K.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve K. CALIF
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93636
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub #550
1962 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Steve K. CALIF » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am

Those nice "after" pictures sure do make all the effort of the rebuild seem worthwhile! Thanks for posting the pictures, I really like the before and after shots. Steve K.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:48 pm

The good thing about Cubs is they are pretty simple and easy to work on and you have something useful when you are done.

I have to laugh when someone with a painted Cub calls it 'restored'. Totally avoids what I call the 'mushroom theory'. I thought I would change the fluids, plugs and call my latest project ready for action. It's a year later and it's still not on all 4 (but close). It just wants to stick the mushroom theory in my face at every turn. I have been buying parts as I go and refuse to calculate the total or even give it any thought. It has awesome compression on all 4 now (120#) and strong oil pressure at an idle. And that rattling noise in 3rd better be gone!

I probably have what some folks consider a fair price for a Cub into it, not including the purchase price. But, the parts I have bought over the last year are still a better value than cable TV and I will have another Cub I can be proud of when I am done. I am also learning not to paint everything I touch on this one. But I may paint what was supposed to be last winters project (64 International) if I ever get it in the garage..... leaning towards red and white, cause I have enough yeller ones.

That 58 came out awesome and I am sure the young man at the wheel will cherish it when he is an old man, should be good that long, no problem! It's beautiful.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”