This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Right hand Lo Boy cut fender from factory

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Right hand Lo Boy cut fender from factory

Postby Landreo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 am

I am still looking for a lo boy in my area so I can only go from memory of the last time I was on a lo boy which was when I was a teenager. I do not remember anything special about the fenders. I do not know what parts manual the drawing is from but the left and right fenders are not the same in the posted drawing but are mirror images of each other. Also the drawing shadowing is not crisp enough in the posts in this thread that the drawing can look like a regular fender or can look like a cut fender depending on the interpretation of the shadowing. Could be eitherway.

In the photo Boss Hog posted, there is paint in the rust pits. Rust should remove paint pull the paint into the rust pits. This tells me the fender was repainted at one time, maybe when it was modified or maybe just repainted. Who knows?

The key to the mystery may be someone like Ken Updike who may have access to old dealer data such as obscure options etc ...
Boss Hog also has the fender, should be simple enough to determine how it may have been manufactured. It looks factory but close inspection should solve that question.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:03 am

This is a pic from JackF
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Unclear what the last picture was supposed to show. Here is a picture from the same angle, except this one is in focus and bigger. The fenders look the same to me. My second picture is the same fender from the other side. I'm sure they would look the same from that side too.

fenders2-s.jpg
fenders2-s.jpg (78.28 KiB) Viewed 859 times

fenders3-s.jpg
fenders3-s.jpg (35.71 KiB) Viewed 859 times

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:02 am

Sorry for not posting before but…I haven’t been on Farmall Cub.com since the first of the year. The picture I had was from a 1968 Low Boy I worked on for a friend about five years ago. For some reason it was deleted (unknown to me) so… after getting a PM from Boss … I E-mailed my friend and asked for another. He sent me one that he had when it was for sale which isn’t very good. (A scanned photo)

The person who owned the tractor was a farm equipment sales person at an IH/Case dealer that retired twenty years ago. He said the tractor was purchased new by him and he was told it was one of the last 1968 old style Lo-Boys made. He also told me the later 1968 Lo-Boys did have a different right finder much like the 154 Lo-Boy style finder.

When I was working on the tractor I replaced the left rear outer oil seal on the final drive and I do remember the right finder being different than the left. I can’t remember it being square cut or not…but it was different than a regular Cub finder.

The person who bought the tractor was supposedly a collector and requested the original paper work and original owner gave it to him. The original owner said he would do some “digging’ into past records and see if he could come up with more info.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 am

Jim Becker wrote:Unclear what the last picture was supposed to show. Here is a picture from the same angle, except this one is in focus and bigger. The fenders look the same to me. My second picture is the same fender from the other side. I'm sure they would look the same from that side too.

fenders2-s.jpg

fenders3-s.jpg

Jim look at the distance between the brake pedal and the fender on both pics Please
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:24 am

Note that my brake pedals are down some, check position relative to the clutch pedal.

Note the position of both fenders relative to the shift towers.

Note how high the front edge of each fender is relative to the fender brace.

Note how much of the front edge of the fender is curved out compared to the essentially straight vertical section.

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.

Postby leerenovations » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Cant we all just hold hands and sing campfire songs? Ill even bring the marshmallows.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

raystractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37058
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub, 1952 Cub, 1970 Cub, 1975 Cub, 1953 Cub, 1939 A, 1948 super A, 1952 super A, 1950 C demonstrator, 1952 Super C, 1949 H, 1956 farmall 300, 1957 international 350, 1963 Massey Ferguson 35

Postby raystractors » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

I don't know if there was a special fender for the late model lowboy, or not, but I have a 68 model with serial # 25454 that does not have the cut fender. It may be that these were only on some of the lowboys', or none. Maybe you that have access to some of the old records can find the answer to this question. I just wanted to let you all know that not all late model lowboy had a cut fender.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm

leerenovations wrote:Cant we all just hold hands and sing campfire songs? Ill even bring the marshmallows.

This is just a discussion between folks that see things different. This is how some things get found out
If we had not had a discussion like this on the 1964 Farmall cubs that were 12 Volt, we would not have found out that they did come from the factory Red with a white hood.
Good stuff here as far as I can see
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

mikeintn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mikeintn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 pm

If anyone interested I just looked at 25907 it has a trencher on it looks all original, not very good paint, engine stuck, it has a regular fender.
Mike

pm_wells
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 28635

Postby pm_wells » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:41 pm

I am not sure but this loboy looks like it has a clipped right fender.

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/phot ... =retrieval

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Paul Wells wrote:I am not sure but this loboy looks like it has a clipped right fender....

Looks like a regular fender to me. You can see the curvature of the tip of the fender forward of the flat plate that connects to the floorboard.

pm_wells
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 28635

Postby pm_wells » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 pm

RaymondDurban wrote:
Paul Wells wrote:I am not sure but this loboy looks like it has a clipped right fender....

Looks like a regular fender to me. You can see the curvature of the tip of the fender forward of the flat plate that connects to the floorboard.

You are probably right, after blowing it up I can see it a little better.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:22 pm

I do find it odd that the fast hitch would be red on a LoBoy.

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm

It said the Fast Hitch was from a different tractor.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Return to “Farmall Cub”