Pressure Plate Fix

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
User avatar
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 8083
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:50 am
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
52 F-Cub
49 F-Cub
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: OH, Madison

Pressure Plate Fix

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Had a fellow call me tonight to ask some pressure plate questions. He had replaced the Auburn unit with a Rockford unit a bit over six months ago. After a short discussion, I asked if I could come and take some pics of the problem pressure plate and his remedy for the problem.

One of the adjusting nuts came off and this is how it turned out.
Pressure plate finger.

TOB - new ~ six months ago.

TOB hanger.

New pressure plate with safety wired nuts. Fingers adjusted to 1.25".

Closeup of custom built safety wired nut. Nuts had loctite applied as well.

Neither one of the fellows there, this evening, are members of this forum, however, there was a printed copy of this on the workbench. When asked about how they found it, the answer was "I just used a search engine."

As an aside, I got to bring these home.

Should make single handedly sliding the two halves of a Cub together much simpler. Much better than the ones I made by cutting the heads off a couple of bolts.
"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

User avatar
Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 10231
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:35 pm
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: VA. Randolph

Re: Pressure Plate Fix

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Bill, I have had great success with using an inch and a 1/4 fine thread bolt with the head cut off and a slot ground in with a dremill tool,for a screwdriver, to replace the often too short adjustment bolts in the pressure plate. 99% of the time a nut comes off is on account of the studs being too short in the fingers. This is a very simple fix. You will also need to bevel the end of the bolt to replace the stud. I have had Zero problems doing this. Use grade 5 bolts
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Farmall Cub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill Hudson, Don McCombs, tobaccoman and 2 guests