This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

French Super Cub Firing Problem

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AndyMac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: GU52

Re: French Super Cub Firing Problem

Postby AndyMac » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:09 am

Just to up-date those who may be interested.

New standard ignition coil fitted with no ballast resistor. Have fitted ignition light to remind me about the kill switch to prevent another exploding coil! The old girl fires up without hesitation. Have set the timing spot on and tuned the rebuilt Solex carb. Running like a Swiss clock - fine and dandy!

Bonnet all re-assembled with lights working front and back. Have taken her for a run down the road - she's no dragster but everything very tight suggesting (as told) she has covered barely 300 hours from new in 1958. I have all the original documentation from when she was first registered early 1959 and servicing records. The mower swath board even still has the original McCormick International decal. Hopefully pictures to be soon posted.

Many thanks to you buddies across the pond for help and inspiration in reaching my goal.

Now planning another trip to France to purchase a beautifully refurbished US built 1949 Cub!

Andy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”