Cub Database R3

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Re: Cub Database R3

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:21 pm

danovercash wrote:Thanks,Raymond. I have contibuted at least two serials for tractors that I don't own. Both were 79's and would not have been entered by their owners at that time. (253511 & 253636)

Thanks Dan, you bring up a good point for others. Even if you don't personally own the tractor, anyone can submit information to me for entry. This could be from a neighbor thats not active on the Forum, or from a tractor that is for sale locally or online, or one that you spot at a show (as long as the owner agrees!) I'll take information from anywhere, as long as its good usable data (SN, EngSN, Eng CC, etc...).
User avatar
RaymondDurban
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
 
Posts: 4171
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:45 pm
Location: CO, Peyton
Zip Code: 80831
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Database R3

Postby Barnyard » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:28 pm

RaymondDurban wrote:
danovercash wrote:Thanks,Raymond. I have contibuted at least two serials for tractors that I don't own. Both were 79's and would not have been entered by their owners at that time. (253511 & 253636)

Thanks Dan, you bring up a good point for others. Even if you don't personally own the tractor, anyone can submit information to me for entry. This could be from a neighbor thats not active on the Forum, or from a tractor that is for sale locally or online, or one that you spot at a show (as long as the owner agrees!) I'll take information from anywhere, as long as its good usable data (SN, EngSN, Eng CC, etc...).

Raymond, what about these guys that part them out? Most won't take time to get all the info you want but would just the serial number be enough? We know folks are constantly dismantling them, at least you would have a record to show that one no longer exists.
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt -

Barnyard Bash CubFest May 30th - May 31st, 2014
Click here for info http://www.barnyardbash.com
http://www.Savethecub.com
User avatar
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
 
Posts: 17498
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: OH, New Haven (Hamilton County)
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Database R3

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Bill,
There are currently several listed within the database as parted out, including the one mentioned above, which as it turns out may have been by mistake.

I will take information from parted out tractors and just list the SN and a note that says "Tractor Parted Out". Of course, I'd love to have as much information as possible, but in this scenario I'll take what I can get.
I'll also take information such as a tractor that has a trencher for instance, with just the SN. Another case would be tractors that falls into a "controversial" time period such as the '64 models that happen to be Red with a White Hood, or any other color within that time period. Another would be the "Trimmed Dash", or "Demonstrators", or towards the end of production when it seems the folks at IH were switching paint colors daily. Circle Cub and early decal change information would also be welcome with just the SN and a bit of information.

I can't just take the SN alone without any other data, because we can't extrapolate information with one data point.
We need at least two to get any use out of it!!
User avatar
RaymondDurban
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
 
Posts: 4171
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:45 pm
Location: CO, Peyton
Zip Code: 80831
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Database R3

Postby danovercash » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:49 am

A little more info Raymond, 253511 belongs to a school system on the coast. 253636 was on a sales lot whenI fount it. Was bought by another forum member, then sold to Dale Shaw,and has since been sold. Ibelive Dale said that it didnothave the original engine. I know of another late model, but need to ask the owners permission to post. Posted from I-Phone.
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone but not forgotten!)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dansfarmallcub/
danovercash
501 Club
501 Club
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: NC, Kannapolis
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Database R3

Postby RaymondDurban » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 pm

danovercash wrote:A little more info Raymond, 253511 belongs to a school system on the coast. 253636 was on a sales lot whenI fount it. Was bought by another forum member, then sold to Dale Shaw,and has since been sold. Ibelive Dale said that it didnothave the original engine. I know of another late model, but need to ask the owners permission to post. Posted from I-Phone.

You posted 253511, but could you mean 253611?
User avatar
RaymondDurban
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
 
Posts: 4171
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:45 pm
Location: CO, Peyton
Zip Code: 80831
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Database R3

Postby danovercash » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:56 pm

I think you're right. Seems like 74 from the end is what I remember.
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone but not forgotten!)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dansfarmallcub/
danovercash
501 Club
501 Club
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: NC, Kannapolis
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Database R3

Postby Tractorboy3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi there....nice work here!!...braved the cold to get you data on my three cubs....
Attachments
Barcheski collection.xls
My data...
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
'50 H, '52 Super C, '54 Cub, '57 Cub, '58 Cub, '95 Cub Cadet 1440
User avatar
Tractorboy3
Cub Star
Cub Star
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 pm
Location: Laurel, Md
Zip Code: 20707
Tractors Owned: ........
1950 H
1952 Super C
1954 Cub
1957 Cub
1958 Cub
1995 Cub Cadet 1440

Re: Cub Database R3

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Tractorboy3 wrote:Hi there....nice work here!!...braved the cold to get you data on my three cubs....

Thanks, I'll get them added tonight! I appreciate the effort! :D
User avatar
RaymondDurban
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
 
Posts: 4171
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:45 pm
Location: CO, Peyton
Zip Code: 80831
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Database R3

Postby Tractorboy3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:19 pm

RaymondDurban wrote:
Tractorboy3 wrote:Hi there....nice work here!!...braved the cold to get you data on my three cubs....

Thanks, I'll get them added tonight! I appreciate the effort! :D


Thank you for this great data base...Question...other than here in this thread...is the data base posted on this forum somewhere?? Tom...
'50 H, '52 Super C, '54 Cub, '57 Cub, '58 Cub, '95 Cub Cadet 1440
User avatar
Tractorboy3
Cub Star
Cub Star
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 pm
Location: Laurel, Md
Zip Code: 20707
Tractors Owned: ........
1950 H
1952 Super C
1954 Cub
1957 Cub
1958 Cub
1995 Cub Cadet 1440

Re: Cub Database R3

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:24 pm

Tractorboy3 wrote:Thank you for this great data base...Question...other than here in this thread...is the data base posted on this forum somewhere?? Tom...

I've added it to my signature line, so it'll be under every one of my posts. Rudi has also posted it over on his site, scroll down and click on "Cub Production Information", and there you'll see the link for both the F-Cub and Lo-boy databases. I hope by this summer I'll have enough for the Numbered Series and Power Units. :D
User avatar
RaymondDurban
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
 
Posts: 4171
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:45 pm
Location: CO, Peyton
Zip Code: 80831
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Previous

Return to Farmall Cub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests